black is in for 2007

Old January 22nd 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dan Connelly

Default black is in for 2007

Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in
their 2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their
jersey fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net
using it relatively strongly.

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in
Texas was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot,
then for safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one,
but I wonder at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

Polar Bears, Jobst Brandt informed me of yesterday, have black skin.

Dan
Old January 22nd 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Dan Connelly wrote:

Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in
their 2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their
jersey fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net
using it relatively strongly.

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in
Texas was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot,
then for safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one,
but I wonder at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

Polar Bears, Jobst Brandt informed me of yesterday, have black skin.

So do a lot of native Africans. The pigment of polar bears skin may have
little to do with heat absorption. Interestingly, polar bears have
essentially zero infrared signature except for their breath and farts.

http://tinyurl.com/25bxhd

--
Bill Asher
Old January 22nd 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Dan Connelly wrote:
Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in
their 2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their
jersey fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net
using it relatively strongly.

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in
Texas was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot,
then for safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one,
but I wonder at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

Polar Bears, Jobst Brandt informed me of yesterday, have black skin.

What about argyle ?

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com...slipstream.gif

Old January 22nd 07, 07:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
matabala

"Dan Connelly" wrote in message
t...
Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in their
2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their jersey
fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net using it
relatively strongly.

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in Texas
was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot, then for
safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one, but I wonder
at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

Polar Bears, Jobst Brandt informed me of yesterday, have black skin.

Dan

anything would be better than the Team Chipotle agyle hideousness - with
black knee-highs nonetheless!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/track.php...es075/IMG_0598

Old January 22nd 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

William Asher wrote:

Interestingly, polar bears have
essentially zero infrared signature except for their breath and farts.

http://tinyurl.com/25bxhd

--
Bill Asher

and apparently they (polar bears, that is) know that when they lie flat
in the snow, the only thing visible is their nose. When lying in wait
for a snow hare to come close enough to catch, they'll cover their nose
with a paw, so that they're completely invisible to the hare.

Old January 22nd 07, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Scott wrote:

William Asher wrote:

Interestingly, polar bears have
essentially zero infrared signature except for their breath and farts.

http://tinyurl.com/25bxhd

--
Bill Asher

and apparently they (polar bears, that is) know that when they lie flat
in the snow, the only thing visible is their nose. When lying in wait
for a snow hare to come close enough to catch, they'll cover their nose
with a paw, so that they're completely invisible to the hare.

It's the arctic version of the comb-over. Except in the case of polar
bears it kinda works.

--
Bill Asher
Old January 22nd 07, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:28:35 GMT, Dan Connelly
wrote:

Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in
their 2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their
jersey fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net
using it relatively strongly.

They're ripping off my team
http://www.jt10000.com/images/greatneck05jt.jpg

And Disco ripped off the basic layout of my old team's jerseys with
the big circle and the vertical writing:
http://www.jt10000.com/images/cloud001.jpg

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in
Texas was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot,
then for safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one,
but I wonder at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

I don't like my current jerseys for riding at dusk/in the dark.

--
JT
****************************
Old January 23rd 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
e-RICHIE

then for safety for riding at dusk.cut

we love black atmo -
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bobbesrs...pageoption=ALL
e-RICHIE©™®

Old January 23rd 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ST

On 1/22/07 9:28 AM, in article
, "Dan Connelly"
wrote:

Several teams, most notably Discovery, are making black prominent in
their 2007 jersey designs:

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Peloton/teams.html

Discovery, Navigators, and Priority Health each have most of their
jersey fronts devoted to black, with AMD/US National and Health Net
using it relatively strongly.

My attempts to introduce black into a team I was with when living in
Texas was met with resistance, first for claims it would be too hot,
then for safety for riding at dusk. The safety factor is a good one,
but I wonder at the quantitative effect of dark jerseys in the heat.

Polar Bears, Jobst Brandt informed me of yesterday, have black skin.

Dan

I like the black. The opposite was when we were designing clothing one year
the resistence was against other colors that were not black(er) or dark
enough. Specifically the shorts. It was the old "I need somewhere to wipe my
greasy hands!"

Old January 23rd 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

ST wrote:
I like the black. The opposite was when we were designing clothing one year
the resistence was against other colors that were not black(er) or dark
enough. Specifically the shorts. It was the old "I need somewhere to wipe my
greasy hands!"

You really need a color that disguises wiped off snot.