saddle sore - advice???

Old March 10th 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default saddle sore - advice???

ilikebikes wrote:

fine. Maybe it's just the ache in the perenial hip bone area where my
weight (I'm a big 16st rider) is on that small area for a long time. When I
lose wight AND get longer rides under my belt it'll get better? My saddle

No. You won't get used to this - if the pain is on your sit bones then
yes, you'd just toughen up but if it's in the perenial area you don't
want to get used to it.

Some suggestions

1) higher handlebars, at least until you lose weight
2) a wider saddle. Don't go for a very soft padded one though

Your weight should be on your sit bones. There should be no
pressure on the perenial area.

I often say this, and I'll say it again: cycling should NOT be
uncomfortable. All of us who do long rides are not suffering
in agnoy! If it hurts, change it.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune
Old March 10th 06, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Arthur Clune wrote:
All of us who do long rides are not suffering
in agony!

Well, we are - but not because of saddle discomfort.

d.

Old March 10th 06, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

LSMike wrote:
ilikebikes wrote:
Hi,
I get problems being in the saddle after about 50 miles or 3 hours or
thereabouts.

Try not riding a Weapon of Ass Destruction? One of these might be
rather more comfortable, and faster to boot:

http://www.challengebikes.com/

Not 'rather', definitely 'a whole lot more comfortable'

Old March 11th 06, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

mb wrote:
LSMike wrote:

ilikebikes wrote:
Hi,
I get problems being in the saddle after about 50 miles or 3 hours
or thereabouts.

Try not riding a Weapon of Ass Destruction? One of these might be
rather more comfortable, and faster to boot:

http://www.challengebikes.com/

Wow, that guy in the photo has some serious thigh muscles.

--
Mike

Fat arse more like!

New to group but need saddle advice usskydiver General 20 March 11th 06 12:40 AM
Old Selle Italia Superleggera saddle E Goforth Techniques 1 February 13th 06 06:18 AM
odd saddle sore, sorta [email protected] General 8 May 17th 05 03:32 PM
saddle sore!!!! juggling_unicyclist_joe Unicycling 6 April 3rd 05 07:07 PM
Ongoing Saddle Height Adjustment and Results Michael J. Klein General 5 October 1st 04 03:34 AM