Will every PT race end in a bunch gallop this year?

Old February 3rd 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
full on

Default Will every PT race end in a bunch gallop this year?

Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
sprint, they should declare it a draw,
and make them do it again.
thoughts?
Old February 3rd 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ronaldo_jeremiah

On Feb 3, 12:10*pm, full on wrote:
Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
sprint, they should declare it a draw,
and make them do it again.
thoughts?

Yeah, two of them:

It's barely February, and you're a moron.

-rj
Old February 3rd 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
full on

thanks for the insightful response. Sorry your abnormally high
intellect was
so insulted you had to resort to 8th grade name calling. geesh.

Old February 3rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

wrote:
On Feb 3, 12:10*pm, full on wrote:
Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
sprint, they should declare it a draw,
and make them do it again.
thoughts?

Yeah, two of them:

It's barely February, and you're a moron.

-rj- Hide quoted text -

You aren't worthy of a "dumbass" yet.
Bill C
Old February 5th 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Black Range

On Feb 4, 5:10*am, full on wrote:
Certainly looks like it. I propose that If a race finishes in a field
sprint, they should declare it a draw,
and make them do it again.
thoughts?

Well I don't think a sprinter would like to have to re race just
because of a bunch finish.

After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
radios.
Either
1. Remove them from the Directors cars as the maths on how fast to
reel in a break away is mind numbingly boring.
2. Only allow one way communication back to the team car (e.g. I've
got a flat, etc)
3. Completely remove them from the riders ears so as to bring out some
race nouse.

Or even stop the time checks, that might be going a bit overboard
though.

The whole live television in a car and radio communication really
makes it dull for racing. Climbing races really would not be affected
but something flat with a bunch sprint might actually become half
interesting if an escape group can get away and when they're reeled
in, another attack goes. Notice how the attacks go down straight after
the break away bunch is caught with 5km to go?

Magilla? your one sided, vitriolic and sardonic thoughts on this? P.S.
I think you're the greatest cycling commentator ever to live. FACT.
Old February 5th 08, 10:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Halverde

On Feb 5, 5:15 am, Black Range wrote:
On Feb 4, 5:10 am, full on wrote:

[...]

Also, make them ride steel bikes and only drink two water bottles a
stage.

Old February 5th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de
,
Black Range a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :

After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
radios.

http://www.velo101.com/sondages/cons...&Section=Route

Faudrait-il interdire les oreillettes en course ?
Oui : 72,6% (2636 votes)
Non : 24,21% (879 votes)
Sans opinion : 3,22% (117 votes)

Nombre de votants : 3631
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

Old February 5th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

"Sandy" a écrit profondement:

| Dans le message de
| ,
| Black Range a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
|
| After watching the Tour Down Under maybe they should get rid of the
| radios.
|
| http://www.velo101.com/sondages/cons...&Section=Route
|
| Faudrait-il interdire les oreillettes en course ?
| Oui : 72,6% (2636 votes)
| Non : 24,21% (879 votes)
| Sans opinion : 3,22% (117 votes)
|

| Nombre de votants : 3631

See, I told you the ProTour was not worth having

--
Davey Crockett
-
Old February 5th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

"Halverde" wrote in message

Also, make them ride steel bikes and only drink two water bottles a
stage.

On a serious note

Pro cycling's loss of credibility can be traced back to the 1979
TdF when team Miko-Mercier installed a hub with a 7 cog
freewheel on Joop Zoetemelk bike for stage 13 Metz-
d'Alsace.

Later it was proved more of just a gimmick when Hinault riding
the standard 6 cog on stage 15 Evian-Morzine TT did it
to Joop.

Basso going for Triple and Giro race of the year ? Keith Racing 7 January 12th 07 12:46 AM
Page script every year. podium small race...bomb in all World Cups [email protected] Racing 21 January 3rd 07 10:25 AM
Giro Update - 10 year old boy in final bunch!!!!! Casey Diaz Racing 0 May 14th 06 03:35 PM
Cheer up Geoff Gallop! Shaw Australia 5 January 19th 06 09:03 AM
Why Lance won't race this year. Callistus Valerius Racing 22 January 27th 05 08:22 PM