Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow verses Trans Am

Old February 18th 04, 02:45 PM
Kevin Lutz

Default Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow verses Trans Am

I have been riding with a Selle Italia Max Flite Trans AM for a few
years and liked it so much I put one on a few of my bikes. My first
saddle is getting worn-out and needs to be replaced, but it looks like
the Trans Am model is no longer being made.

Can anyone give me feedback on the Max Flite Gel Flow? I would
especially like feedback from someone who also has experience with the
Max Flite Trans Am and switched to the Gel Flow. I can't tell from
the photos if the Gel Flow is esentially the same saddle or if it's
bulkier because of the gel.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin
St. Charles, IL
Old February 18th 04, 03:59 PM
SMMB

A "few of [your] bikes" ??
How'd you wear anything out !?

om...

--
Bonne route,

Sandy
Paris FR

Old February 18th 04, 05:26 PM
Jean Pasquet

Bonjour,

Kevin Lutz a écrit :

I have been riding with a Selle Italia Max Flite Trans AM for a few
years and liked it so much I put one on a few of my bikes. My first
saddle is getting worn-out and needs to be replaced, but it looks like
the Trans Am model is no longer being made.
Can anyone give me feedback on the Max Flite Gel Flow? I would
especially like feedback from someone who also has experience with the
Max Flite Trans Am and switched to the Gel Flow. I can't tell from
the photos if the Gel Flow is esentially the same saddle or if it's
bulkier because of the gel.

I have a saddle Selle Italia Gelflow and Transam !
But, it is about Prolink !
The characteristics are very close; by experiment on Prolink, as much
Transam appears me to be a good solution to avoid heating and indurations,
as much GelFlow hardly appears useful to me !
But, the max Flite being less better suspended, perhaps is this an
interesting point !
This freezing involves a light displacement on the saddle with the pédalage
!

--
Cordialement,
Jean Pasquet

Old February 18th 04, 09:35 PM
tony the tiger

I have the gel flow one, a friend has the non-gel one. Both are of
similar dimensions and bulk. The gel flow is a tiny itsy-bitsy bit
softer in the gel areas. The differences are all looks and marketing,
that's all. I don't think there is a darn bit of difference in
comfort.

I love the Max Flite Trans Am Gel Flow (have one on three bikes!) but
I hate one thing about them...the area around the cut out weakens a
bit after a few thousand miles, and especially in hot weather will sag
enough to squeak on the seat rails. I deal with this by putting a
little grease between the rails and that part of the saddle. My
friend with the max-flite trans am finds the same issue.

Old February 21st 04, 12:27 AM
Neacalban1

Sqeaking huh, well that explains a few things, maybe. I've used a Transam for
about 3 years, and the leather on the bottom edges, forward of the clamp, where
it contacts the saddle rails, has worn out.

I just got a Flite Gel Flow, which appears to be essentially the transam with a
little gel padding added.