How do you stay motivated during the winter.

Old November 13th 04, 02:02 AM
Ben Kaufman

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:21:16 GMT, "Bob Burns" wrote:

Maggie wrote:
I took everyone's advice and bought a better bike last night. I don't
have it yet, but I broke down and spent a decent amount of money on
one. The Walmart Bike will be donated to my favorite charity. Now
that the weather is getting colder..rain today...I hope I stick with
this. How do you manage to keep riding all winter? I realize I won't
be riding when I go to Lake Tahoe next week....with all the snow...and
when I come back it will probably be snowing here...so what do you do?
Do you put your bikes away for the winter? I am afraid if I hang that
bike up on hooks in the garage....the next time I see it will be 10
years from now when I am cleaning out there or moving. How do you cope
with the winter and the snow? I'm sure alot of you must live in snowy
areas of the country. I think I might have started this hobby at a
bad time of year. Maybe I will have to move to Florida ;-) How do
you stay motivated during the long winter?

BTW I figured out how to put pics on a website...now I can track my
bicycle adventures....it took me all night to figure this out, but I
did it. Now I just have to have some adventures. ;-) The first pic
will be of my new bike. I really like it. These pics have nothing to
do with Bikes. But I figured it out. My 84 year old mother is on the
web site. She still walks miles every day. All 100 lbs of her. And I
whine about being 50. Shame on me.

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbus...?1100212880789

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

I love to XC ski in the snow. This time of year, I'm motivated for riding
the bike by thinking of staying in condition for when the snow flies.

I'm sure you can rent a pair of skies in Tahoe and there are XC ski areas.

I do XC skate skiing. I was amazed how much more in condition I felt those
first few skiing sessions the season after I got back into biking.

Ben
Old November 13th 04, 01:01 PM
Maggie

Badger wrote in message . ..
Hmm, is the new bike a Suzuki motorcycle? That's the only bike I saw on
webpage.

-B

I just started riding....I don't have any bike adventures except
falling in the driveway. You just wait until next year....there will
be plenty of bike pictures...I hope! ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/
Old November 13th 04, 02:44 PM
Michael Warner

On 12 Nov 2004 02:52:54 -0800, Maggie wrote:

I took everyone's advice and bought a better bike last night. I don't
have it yet, but I broke down and spent a decent amount of money on
one. The Walmart Bike will be donated to my favorite charity. Now
that the weather is getting colder..rain today...I hope I stick with
this. How do you manage to keep riding all winter? I realize I won't
be riding when I go to Lake Tahoe next week....with all the snow...and
when I come back it will probably be snowing here...

If you're serious about cycling, you'll move to a part of the world with
mild winters, of course, and wide, flat, safe streets, but with real hills
only a few miles away. Somewhere like, um, Adelaide!

Drop me a note when you arrive :-)

I lived through a Midwestern winter in the US once - you people are
masochists.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old November 13th 04, 05:54 PM
*Alice

i won't be riding my bike in the winter because i feel a little insecure
about doing it in the city. I'm still a beginner..i start biking 2
months ago.

so during the winter, i'm going to keep myself busy with volleyball and
badminton

--
*Alice

Old November 13th 04, 08:57 PM
Maggie

Jeff Starr wrote in message . ..
http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

Are you 5ft 7in or 57inches?

5'7" = 67"
57" = 4'9"

Life is Good!
Jeff

Good Lord....I hope I am not 4'9". I used to be 5'8" but I think I
strunk an inch in the past few years. I don't know how it happened but
the doc said I was 5'7" at my last appointment. Must be all this
hunching over the computer......Anyway, I wear 3" heels most of the
time to make up for it. So most days I am 5'10". It's good to be
tall!!! 5'7" plus 3 inches...would equal 5'10" right. I am going to
go look at my web site. This is getting so complex. Who asked me if I
was 57" anyway. Can't a girl make a typo?

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

FA: $1 End of Summer Garage Sale - nice winter clothing! Carla Hukee Marketplace 0 August 26th 04 04:26 AM
winter slippery dark scary time digigal1 Unicycling 1 August 4th 04 08:41 PM
Winter Riding evil-nick Unicycling 28 July 2nd 04 05:20 PM
How do you prep for winter riding? Gadget UK 18 October 29th 03 07:45 PM