more on ebay

Old October 30th 04, 02:13 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default more on ebay

Back to (I lost all the other messages in the thread, excuse me)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7109550172

I asked:
"Hi, do you know if I can use this item on my road bike? It's an Avanti
Giro with other 105 components. It has 9 cogs on the back cassette
thingy and 2 on the front."

And I got this reply:
"probably not, this came off a huffy gila mountain bike or was a
replacement for a huffy gila mountainbike. it gets bolted to the frame
with a hex nut, and it goes to a 21 speed bike(7 cogs on back wheel to 3
on the cranks. thanks for asking and happy bidding. i hope this helped
you out"

He/she has chosen not to display this question/answer on the listing
page.

My next question has been:
"The shimano website says that the new dura-ace rear derailleur is 10
speed, and I know that the previous one was 9 speed, so how old is this
"near new" 7 speed derailleur?"

And I am eagerly awaiting an answer. Do you think this one will end up
on the site?

Old October 30th 04, 02:22 AM
Tamyka Bell

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Back to (I lost all the other messages in the thread, excuse me)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7109550172

snip
My next question has been:
"The shimano website says that the new dura-ace rear derailleur is 10
speed, and I know that the previous one was 9 speed, so how old is this
"near new" 7 speed derailleur?"

And I am eagerly awaiting an answer. Do you think this one will end up
on the site?

I got that answer I wanted but again it's not listed:

"it could be a 9 speed but i'm saying it is a 7 speed because it was set
on a 21 speed mtb(huffygila)it used to have a durace sticker on there
but with with no name cogs, then a month ago i change the cogs with
brand new shimano ones. i hope this helps out and happy bidding."

Old October 30th 04, 07:08 AM
Gemma Kernich

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Back to (I lost all the other messages in the thread, excuse me)
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tem=7109550172

My next question has been:

"The shimano website says that the new dura-ace rear derailleur is 10
speed, and I know that the previous one was 9 speed, so how old is this
"near new" 7 speed derailleur?"

And I am eagerly awaiting an answer. Do you think this one will end up
on the site?

Nope. Someone's either going to get a bargain because the seller is genuine
and just doesn't know what they have and are bad liars at the same time
(unlikely), or someone's going to get shafted. I bet its some 12 year old
kid too.

Go to their feedback page, and see the feedback they've left for others -
they've bought about 10 things on ebay, and cancelled their order every
time, then left positive feedback for the seller saying they were good cause
they let them cancel their order! They're costing sellers in lots of places
lots of listing, selling and re-listing fees....Lucky not to have a -12
rating, I don't know why ebay doesn't catch up with these types of pricks
earlier!

Old October 30th 04, 07:16 AM
Gemma Kernich

Tamyka Bell wrote:

"it could be a 9 speed but i'm saying it is a 7 speed because it was set
on a 21 speed mtb(huffygila)it used to have a durace sticker on there
but with with no name cogs, then a month ago i change the cogs with
brand new shimano ones. i hope this helps out and happy bidding."

Ask them what's written on the back! Then we can see if they've actually got
one or just nicked a photo from someone else's page =)
Hehe.
(I can't I've already told them they're a rip-off merchant)

Old October 30th 04, 11:42 AM
Parbs

Tamyka Bell wrote:

"it could be a 9 speed but i'm saying it is a 7 speed because it was set
on a 21 speed mtb(huffygila)it used to have a durace sticker on there
but with with no name cogs, then a month ago i change the cogs with
brand new shimano ones. i hope this helps out and happy bidding."

Ask them what's written on the back! Then we can see if they've actually got
one or just nicked a photo from someone else's page =)
Hehe.
(I can't I've already told them they're a rip-off merchant)

I asked what sort of shifters that the derailleur used/

"shimano grip shift type. i hope thishelps out. happy bidding"

Interesting combo.

Parbs

Old October 31st 04, 03:20 AM
Gemma Kernich

"Parbs" wrote in message
"Gemma Kernich" wrote in message ...

I asked what sort of shifters that the derailleur used/

"shimano grip shift type. i hope thishelps out. happy bidding"

Interesting combo.

Haha! They've now slipped to a -3 rating. That's got to be a record.

Gemma

Ps for pro-light tyres, new toe clips, campy MTB seatpost, campy MTB front
triple derailluer and pair of funky campy biodynamica bidons and cages,
visit my ebay auctions!! *grin*
http://cgi6.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...userid=gemma_k

Old November 2nd 04, 05:27 AM
malcomm

He/she has chosen not to display this question/answer on the listin

page.

I buy and sell a lot on Ebay and often don't post answers to question
with the listing. Several reasons for this
1/ Ebay emails you the question, you simply hit reply and its done. T
put it on Ebay requires lots more button clicking and takes time..
2/ Quite often it creates lots of other uninformed questions whic
then all have to be answreed as well

If I think the answer will help me sell something, I'll post th
answer if I haver time otherwise not
Doesn't mean the seller is a con, check out his feedback and contac
other people hes sold too for their experience of him

--
malcomm

Old November 2nd 04, 08:35 PM
Gemma Kernich

"malcomm" wrote in message

If I think the answer will help me sell something, I'll post the
answer if I haver time otherwise not.
Doesn't mean the seller is a con, check out his feedback and contact
other people hes sold too for their experience of him.

Well, in this case, right after the end of the auction (at about the same
time his feedback had fallen to minus-three after winning a dozen items and
not paying for any goods), it looks ebay caught up with them and their
account's been wiped. So there you go, dodgy!ha ha
Gemm

Old November 2nd 04, 10:25 PM
Tamyka Bell

Gemma Kernich wrote:

"malcomm" wrote in message

If I think the answer will help me sell something, I'll post the
answer if I haver time otherwise not.
Doesn't mean the seller is a con, check out his feedback and contact
other people hes sold too for their experience of him.

Well, in this case, right after the end of the auction (at about the same
time his feedback had fallen to minus-three after winning a dozen items and
not paying for any goods), it looks ebay caught up with them and their
account's been wiped. So there you go, dodgy!ha ha
Gemm

I think next time I bid on anything I'll get Gemm to do the suss-out
first. :-)