Long sleeved summer tops

Old October 16th 04, 08:13 AM

Default Long sleeved summer tops

Do they exist?

Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day. I've
been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice is
sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?
--
Cheers
Euan
Old October 16th 04, 08:27 AM
Peter Signorini

wrote in message ...
Do they exist?

Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day. I've
been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice is
sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/produc...C&category=SUM
It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is much
more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

Available on-line or ring them on their freecall number 1800 145 333

Cheers
Peter

Old October 16th 04, 09:39 AM
till

Peter Signorini wrote:

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/produc...C&category=SUM
It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is much
more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

Ive got one as well, GE make the best stuff =)

till
Old October 16th 04, 11:17 AM
Gags

"till" wrote in message
Peter Signorini wrote:

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

Ground Effect do their Rock Lobster
http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/produc...C&category=SUM
It is made in their Intercool fabric that has a high UV rating and is

much
more comfortable & less smelly than Coolmax.

Ive got one as well, GE make the best stuff =)

till

Unfortunately, Ground Effect sizes only go up to a Large or else I would
definately have some of their stuff......it looks to be pretty high quality
and is reasonably priced. I even wrote them an email asking if they were
considering making some bigger sizes but sadly they are not.

Ride On,

Gags

Old October 16th 04, 12:08 PM
DRS

wrote in message
Do they exist?

Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day.
I've been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice
is sleeveless or cap sleeve tops.

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or are
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms?

The Netti "Force" long sleeve jersey is in their summer lineup and has a UPF
of 50+.

http://www.netti.com.au/products/gen...rod uctID=756

Jaggad don't make a summer long sleeve top.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old October 16th 04, 01:02 PM
Pipba

Don't know if will help much, but a couple of years ago when I wa
cycling around Austria me and a friend found all this Shimano stuff o
sale at a bike shop, which included some long sleeve summer cyclin
shirts. Really good, very breathable, you can wear it most of the yea
round (except I wouldn't recommend it in winter). I can't find anythin
like it on the Australian Shimano website, but the European one has i
in the cycling clothing section under Cycling Wear - Originals.

http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling

Dunno how exactly you would get hold of it in Australia though

--
Pipba

Old October 16th 04, 01:10 PM
cfsmtb

Thank you for the thread + links, for one, I HATE prolonged exposure t
the hot sun in summer. In past years I've worn long sleeved cotton top
rather than be exposed to UV. At this years MBTC Mad Ride I wore sleeve
thermals. Bloody hot day, but thanks to the thermals - bearable. Othe
cyclists probably thought I was completely barking. Well thats subjec
to conjecture, but I sooner prefer a reasonable level of unpleasantnes
compared to severe sunburn on very pale skin

--
cfsmtb

Old October 16th 04, 02:58 PM
Steve

Yes we have plenty of 'summer weight' Suarez long sleeve shirts , in big
sizes too $79 with long zipper .
Steve @ Ideal Cycles
drop us a line for design/size availability

Old October 18th 04, 01:53 AM
Allan Bontjer

But, all the Ground Effect stuff is very generous in sizing. I would
still have a go at ordering some. They have absolutely no problems with
you people sending stuff back if it's not quite right in size

Allan

Old October 18th 04, 02:09 AM
mikeg

Wrote:
Do they exist

Basically I'm sick of plastering my arms with sun block every day.
I'v
been looking in the bike shops and it seems that the only choice i
sleeveless or cap sleeve tops

What I really want is a sun safe top. Am I alone in this quest or ar
cyclists in general more likely to do the sun block thing o the arms
-
Cheer
Euan

Netti also have the sunshield long sleeve tops in high visibilit
yellow

http://tinyurl.com/3lw7j

you might also consider as a cheaper alternative the high visibilit
long sleeve summer workwear shirts for about half the price of th
cheapest cycle tops made by king gee and probably other workwea
manufactures

michae

--
mikeg