Pleasant encounter with a car

Old October 17th 04, 08:19 AM
Richard Sherratt

Default Pleasant encounter with a car

Riding along St Kilda Rd towards the city this afternoon, near the
Shrine, and wanting to turn right into Anzac Ave., I was preparing to
wait for the traffic coming up behind me to get past. Then I noticed
that the first car behind was indicating a right turn and the driver
was waving me to go ahead. I thanked him as he passed me in Anzac Ave
and got a wave and a smile. I caught up with him waiting at the lights
to turn right into Alexandra Ave and thanked him again. He said that
he was happy to help me turn right and that it would not be much fun
to be hit by two tonnes of metal. One of the good guys.

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old October 17th 04, 08:24 AM
hippy

"Richard Sherratt" wrote in
message
Riding along St Kilda Rd towards the city this afternoon, near the
Shrine, and wanting to turn right into Anzac Ave., I was preparing to
wait for the traffic coming up behind me to get past. Then I noticed
that the first car behind was indicating a right turn and the driver
was waving me to go ahead. I thanked him as he passed me in Anzac Ave
and got a wave and a smile. I caught up with him waiting at the lights
to turn right into Alexandra Ave and thanked him again. He said that
he was happy to help me turn right and that it would not be much fun
to be hit by two tonnes of metal. One of the good guys.

Did you get his rego?
He was obviously under the influence of drugs! ;-)

Seriously though, isn't there a hotline to report
good drivers to?

hippy

Old October 17th 04, 08:56 AM
Richard Sherratt

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:24:53 +1000, "hippy"
wrote:

"Richard Sherratt" wrote in
message
Riding along St Kilda Rd towards the city this afternoon, near the
Shrine, and wanting to turn right into Anzac Ave., I was preparing to
wait for the traffic coming up behind me to get past. Then I noticed
that the first car behind was indicating a right turn and the driver
was waving me to go ahead. I thanked him as he passed me in Anzac Ave
and got a wave and a smile. I caught up with him waiting at the lights
to turn right into Alexandra Ave and thanked him again. He said that
he was happy to help me turn right and that it would not be much fun
to be hit by two tonnes of metal. One of the good guys.

Did you get his rego?

No, unfortunately. I thought about it 10 seconds after he'd
disappeared. That often happens.

He was obviously under the influence of drugs! ;-)

I wish we could bottle it :-)

Seriously though, isn't there a hotline to report
good drivers to?

I wonder. There should be. I'm going into VPC tomorrow morning so I'll
ask around.

--
Regards.
Richard.
Old October 17th 04, 11:46 AM

"hippy" == hippy writes:

hippy "Richard Sherratt"
hippy wrote in
hippy message

hippy Seriously though, isn't there a hotline to report good
hippy drivers to?

Drive Right 2? http://tinyurl.com/595al That's the only one I know of.

I'm of the opinion that the good drivers way outnumber the bad. If that
wasn't the case we wouldn't be able to ride the roads at all I reckon.
--
Cheers
Euan
Old October 17th 04, 11:48 AM
hippy

"Richard Sherratt" wrote in
message
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:24:53 +1000, "hippy"
Did you get his rego?

No, unfortunately. I thought about it 10 seconds after he'd
disappeared. That often happens.

Usually when you need them to pay for damage to you
or your bike..

He was obviously under the influence of drugs! ;-)

I wish we could bottle it :-)

Ecstasy - bottle, bag, tin, packet, capsule, box..
take your pick.

Seriously though, isn't there a hotline to report
good drivers to?

I wonder. There should be. I'm going into VPC tomorrow morning so I'll
ask around.

It's catching... I was working on "the tank" tonight and I'd
stopped to fiddle with the front der. limit screws. It was
dark and a car pulled up, pointing in my direction, and
dipped its lights. A moment later a guy asks if I'm alright
and if I live far away! I said I live right here and I'm just
testing the bike, thanks very much for your help.
Yay! Not all drivers are pricks! :-)

hippy