making a comeback

Old October 25th 04, 12:21 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default making a comeback

After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike
still works. So off I went from the southside out to port of brisbane
and back (via a cafe). The guys I rode with were way faster but I hung
on okay. Only did one lap of the port, which earned me the name Cathy
(Freeman, only does one lap), but I did it, all 95km of it. And I even
managed to get up and ride into uni today (big commute). I am making a
comeback, yay!

Old October 25th 04, 01:08 AM
Brad Hubbard

Tamyka Bell wrote:

After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike
still works. So off I went from the southside out to port of brisbane
and back (via a cafe). The guys I rode with were way faster but I hung
on okay. Only did one lap of the port, which earned me the name Cathy
(Freeman, only does one lap), but I did it, all 95km of it. And I even
managed to get up and ride into uni today (big commute). I am making a
comeback, yay!

Go for it!

I went for my first ride yesterday on an old MTB that I just stripped down
and rebuilt. I put my pedals off the road bike on it and went exploring
down some of the dirt roads in the area (which I can't do on the road
bike). Good fun.

I'm setting myself for this one;
http://www.hellofthewest.com

Ride on!

Brad
Old October 25th 04, 02:02 AM
hippy

"Tamyka Bell" wrote
After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike

Half ironman after 2 months off the bike?
I'd like to see that!

Nah, too easy. You've been running for the last
2 months though, right? No running would be a
major problem (for me - if I was silly enough to
enter such a race).

hippy

Old October 25th 04, 02:11 AM
Tamyka Bell

hippy wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote
After 2 months of not riding, I decided that, if I'm going to do the
Forster half ironman next weekend I should probably check that my bike

Half ironman after 2 months off the bike?
I'd like to see that!

Nah, too easy. You've been running for the last
2 months though, right? No running would be a
major problem (for me - if I was silly enough to
enter such a race).

hippy

*cough* er, yes, I've been running...*cough*

Pace leading at 6-7 min per km is not counted as running. No, I really
AM going to die at Forster-Tuncurry. But I am planning on the bike leg
being so painful that the run will be absolute bliss.

I will let you know how I go, if I'm capable of typing...

Old October 25th 04, 02:12 AM
DaveB

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Pace leading at 6-7 min per km is not counted as running.

Fair go, that's my race pace (although it would explain why it took me
18kms to overtake a couple of walkers).

DaveB "better return to my strength sport of cycling BAH HAH HAH"

Old October 25th 04, 03:31 AM
hippy

"Tamyka Bell" wrote
*cough* er, yes, I've been running...*cough*

;-)

Pace leading at 6-7 min per km is not counted as running. No, I really
AM going to die at Forster-Tuncurry. But I am planning on the bike leg
being so painful that the run will be absolute bliss.

You are one sick chick! Running bliss after riding.. egads!

I will let you know how I go, if I'm capable of typing...

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.. or puts you
out of action for 6 months.. but anyway.. good luck! :-)

hippy
"Smoke 'em!"

Old October 25th 04, 04:14 AM
Brad Hubbard

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Pace leading at 6-7 min per km is not counted as running. No, I really
AM going to die at Forster-Tuncurry. But I am planning on the bike leg
being so painful that the run will be absolute bliss.

I will let you know how I go, if I'm capable of typing...

Triathlon has been described by various people as organised masochism. Yours
will just be a little less organised and perhaps leaning a little towards
the extreme that's all.

Seriously though, just get out there and have fun, forget about father time.

Cheers,
Brad
Old October 25th 04, 04:31 AM
Tamyka Bell

Brad Hubbard wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:

Pace leading at 6-7 min per km is not counted as running. No, I really
AM going to die at Forster-Tuncurry. But I am planning on the bike leg
being so painful that the run will be absolute bliss.

I will let you know how I go, if I'm capable of typing...

Triathlon has been described by various people as organised masochism. Yours
will just be a little less organised and perhaps leaning a little towards
the extreme that's all.

I like to think of myself as a sadist rather than a masochist... just
that the person I like to hurt happens to be myself! Welcome to it, by
the way. At IM OZ a few years ago, one of the winners said "enjoy your
pain, you've earned it". Of course I don't know who it was or what year,
or even if that really happened, because maybe the person who told me
heard it from someone else.

Seriously though, just get out there and have fun, forget about father time.

Cheers,
Brad

Yep, when I did Cairns I didn't know whether to wear my watch, and last
minute I wore it, because I didn't have anywhere to put it. Then I
nearly lost it during the swim... fortunately the water was shallow so I
stood up and put it back on! This time I think I'll leave it in my gear
bag.

Old October 25th 04, 05:48 AM
Claes

If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.. or puts you
out of action for 6 months.. but anyway.. good luck! :-)

hippy
"Smoke 'em!"

The israeli say. "If it does not kill you it makes you stronger, if i
kills you, it makes your mother stronger".

Do not ask me how I know this. :

--
Claes

Old October 25th 04, 06:34 AM
flyingdutch

Claes Wrote:
The israeli say. "If it does not kill you it makes you stronger, if i
kills you, it makes your mother stronger".

Do not ask me how I know this.

shuffles feet looking skyward...

So. How DO you know that? :confused

--