(OT) Tech Support

Old February 7th 06, 04:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Default (OT) Tech Support

With cycling content!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71614165@N00/96793574/

Bill "Flickr newbie so hope it works" S.

Old February 7th 06, 04:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Sorni wrote:
With cycling content!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71614165@N00/96793574/

Bill "Flickr newbie so hope it works" S.

Now that is what you get when you outsource everything overseas!

Ken
--
You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you're
having a good day. ~Daniel Behrman, The Man Who Loved Bicycles

Homepage: http://kcm-home.tripod.com/

Old February 7th 06, 05:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Sorni wrote:
With cycling content!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71614165@N00/96793574/

Bill "Flickr newbie so hope it works" S.

And you tease people for wasting time doing surgery to inner tubes? How
long did it take you to find that pic? Or did you doctor it yourself?

;-P

Joseph

Old February 7th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:
Sorni wrote:
With cycling content!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71614165@N00/96793574/

Bill "Flickr newbie so hope it works" S.

And you tease people for wasting time doing surgery to inner tubes?

There's surgery and then there's appropriate withdrawal of extraordinary
care

How long did it take you to find that pic? Or did you doctor it
yourself?\

It was sent to me as an e-mail (must be going around?); the "cycling
component" is what caught my attention for further time-wasting purposes in
this particular arena...

Bill "we both could have patched a tube in the time this took" S.

PS: I had quite a tube failure yesterday. Had just screamed down a short
steep hill (hitting about 42 mph), and was cruising along a long /flat/ (!)
section when I heard a bang and then PSSSSSSSSST. Rear tire (brand new)
dead flat. Glad it waited till then!

Tube had been in previous tire, so maybe I did something in the swap
process. Hole was right near the valve stem; usually those types leak
slowly and not suddenly like this.

Bill "added it to the pile (I must have 25 tubes to get to some day)" S.

Old February 7th 06, 07:11 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill's backyard: http://tinyurl.com/97dgq

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old February 7th 06, 07:18 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Sorni wrote:

Bill "added it to the pile (I must have 25 tubes to get to some
day)" S.

Bill's backyard: http://tinyurl.com/97dgq

Mmmmmmmm, sooty smoke.

(JFTR, the pile o' tubes is on my dining room table. I'm strictly an INDOOR
redneck.)

Bill "standards" S.

Old February 7th 06, 08:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:18:27 GMT, "Sorni"
wrote:

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Sorni wrote:

Bill "added it to the pile (I must have 25 tubes to get to some
day)" S.

Bill's backyard: http://tinyurl.com/97dgq

Mmmmmmmm, sooty smoke.

(JFTR, the pile o' tubes is on my dining room table. I'm strictly an INDOOR
redneck.)

You got a pickup on blocks in the living room? Posh!
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old February 7th 06, 08:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

"Sorni" wrote: (clip) the pile o' tubes is on my dining room table. I'm
strictly an INDOOR redneck.)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you weren't a redneck, you would have a centerpiece in the middle of the
stack, maybe with candles and flowers.

Old February 7th 06, 08:49 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Ken C. M. wrote:
Sorni wrote:
With cycling content!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/71614165@N00/96793574/

Bill "Flickr newbie so hope it works" S.

Now that is what you get when you outsource everything overseas!

Have you seen a call center in India? Check this out:

http://www.thatvideosite.com/view/1208.html

Looks cozy.
--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old February 7th 06, 09:36 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Bill "added it to the pile (I must have 25 tubes to get to some day)" S.

I'm thinking about starting a mail-order tube patching business based
out of India. I'll give you the 25-piece discount, and I won't even
require a core-charge.

Joseph