Cassette quality

Old April 13th 08, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Neal

Default Cassette quality

I need to replace an Ultegra 10 speed cassette. The 105 series cassettes
are lowered priced. Is the 105 the same quality just slightly heavier? Any
reason other than a few grams in weight to buy the Ultegra over the 105?

Neal

Old April 13th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Neal wrote:
I need to replace an Ultegra 10 speed cassette. The 105 series cassettes
are lowered priced. Is the 105 the same quality just slightly heavier? Any
reason other than a few grams in weight to buy the Ultegra over the 105?

Neal

I've been running one of the new 105's for the last few months. It
works fine, but it's not the same quality as Ultegra. I don't know
about wear, but it shows rust quite easily.

Joseph

Cassette Quality Jorg Lueke General 16 October 27th 07 03:33 PM
quality 8 speed MTB shifters? (or 9 spd shifter with 8 spd cassette)? Pizza Man Techniques 40 October 18th 04 06:29 AM