Almost as long as an Icelandic saga..

Old July 21st 05, 01:01 AM

Default Almost as long as an Icelandic saga..

....I am missing those interminable Delta brake threads. Is it because
the Japanese who always have much more money than the Americans have
bought them all and do not bother with usenet? Does Jobst speak
Japanese?

Old July 22nd 05, 03:02 AM
Chalo

wrote:

I do believe Japan will sink under the weight of imported Italian
alloy. My compatriots are turning out their sheds to ebay the stuff.

There's no accounting for taste, is there? I understand the Japanese
eat slimy rotten soybeans, too.

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/natto.htm

At least the rotten soybeans are supposed to be good for them.

Chalo Colina

Old July 22nd 05, 02:44 PM
Werehatrack

On 21 Jul 2005 19:02:21 -0700, "Chalo" wrote:

wrote:

I do believe Japan will sink under the weight of imported Italian
alloy. My compatriots are turning out their sheds to ebay the stuff.

There's no accounting for taste, is there? I understand the Japanese
eat slimy rotten soybeans, too.

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/natto.htm

At least the rotten soybeans are supposed to be good for them.

I'm told that natto is best eaten when one has a serious case of sinus
congestion. If you can smell the bergamot in Earl Grey tea, your
sinuses are too clear to eat natto.

(One of the people I know who sells Japanese snack foods at anime
conventions made the mistake of picking up a case of natto once. He
put it out for sale, and damned if somebody didn't buy one, open it,
and stink up the whole area. It was *politely* suggested by a number
of the other dealers that he really should reserve that stuff for
outdoor venues. It was *less* politely suggested by the hotel and the
convention staff that he should hide it somewhere very, very safe, and
not admit that he had any of it for the rest of the weekend.)

Some brands of sardines and some types of cheese are nearly as bad,
though.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old July 22nd 05, 06:01 PM

I'm told that natto is best eaten when one has a serious case of sinus
congestion. If you can smell the bergamot in Earl Grey tea, your
sinuses are too clear to eat natto.

Jesuis, that link should be censored. Nearly put me off my steak
pie.
I can imagine some fellow from the house of Nippon chewing on this
stuff while he puts sniping bids in for yet another pair of Delta
calipers. Cursing in his language that one of you rbt Americans has
already placed a larger bid.
When I visit Italy next month I will view the Japanese tourists in
a whole new light, wife patted on the head and told to shop, hubby off
to hunt down Campag NOS items from sleepy bike shops.