Southampton Unicycle Hockey

Old February 4th 07, 04:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Default Southampton Unicycle Hockey

Hi, Southampton unicyclists finally have somewhere to practice hockey!
(Or just unicycling in general). Anyone who would like to come along,
please feel free- the more the merrier!

Details :

The first session has been booked for Sunday Febuary the 11th, 12 - 1pm
at Southampton Solent University Sports Hall.

This is a map of how to get to Solent University:
http://www.solent.ac.uk/findus/findus.aspx
This is a map of how to get to the sports hall:
http://www.solent.ac.uk/findus/campusmap.aspx

For drivers, there is parking available -hopefully you can see this on
the map.

We all MUST use non marking tyres and plastic pedals. We dont have many
sticks between us, so if anyone has their own, please can they bring
it!

The plan is that if anyone wants help fitting a new tyre or pedals we
will meet outside half an hour before (11.30) to sort this out.

The cost is £25 between us for the hour, so the more people that turn
up the less it will cost each person. So far we have 5 confirmed
people, so we know it will be a fiver each at the most.

This is the first session so far, and if it is successful we would like
to make it a more regular thing.

Hope to see lots of people there!

Anna, Richard and Dan.

--
annaats

It will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.
annaats's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6903

Old February 4th 07, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lowlight

...and if you needed persuading further there will be a reporter and
photographer coming along from a local newspaper (the echo) to do a
little article on us. So it would be great to have as many people as
pos there for this one (southampton based people and those of you a
little further afield). dont worry if you dont want to play hockey, we
have the whole hall so there will be plenty of space.

should be great fun,

Dan

--
lowlight
lowlight's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12290

Old February 7th 07, 01:54 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Loosemoose

This should be a good afternoon, so if anyone is considering coming down
then please let us know, or if you know of unicyclists in the area that
could be interested then please let them know too!

Loose.

--
Loosemoose

Vice President - Southampton University Circus Society

"Come on you target for far away laughter,
come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine..." - Pink
Floyd
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old February 8th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tobylewisis

Hi everyone, I was at the solent uni on tuesday evening with Cloie with
their circus meeting and met two unicyclists from the uni.

I don't think i can make it this weekend but i'm free from the 19th -
23rd of feb if anyone fancy's doing some MUNI on the southdowns i'm
coming over from poole and can meet up with people and give lifts in
soton! else i might be able to make the odd weekend for hocky.

Will be great to meet up with you lot.

Cheers,
Toby

--
tobylewisis
tobylewisis's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5537

Old February 9th 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
lowlight

hi Toby im free on 21st Feb. A muni ride would be great. anyone else
interested? shame you cant make this sunday. there should be plenty
more though hopefully.

Old February 10th 07, 12:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Shame you cant make Sunday Toby, but dont worry, hopefully you can make
it monday evening instead. Muni sounds great.

Hockey is tomorrow, if anyone else is interested, please come along! i
know there are some nearish unicyclists who might be interested, so
please see if you can make it down, we need players! so far there
should be at least 6 i of us, in a huuuuge hall! Looking forward to it,

Anna.

Old February 10th 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
amanda.gallacher

I would love to go, but english trains are so damn expensive. Maybe when
I have more money.

--
amanda.gallacher

--sorry für mein beschissenes deutsch--
'my gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/dpa27)
'unicycle.com' (http://www.unicycle.uk.com)
amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009

Old February 24th 07, 03:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
annaats

Hi again! Just to let you all know, we are having our second session
this sunday (25th Feb), so annyone who is nearby feel free to come
along, same place, same time.
Last time was great fun, let us know if youre interested -if youre not
around this weekend but might be another time we can put you on the
mailing list for regular updates by email.

Anna.