1900 Bicycle Accessories Catalogue

Old February 28th 08, 01:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 1900 Bicycle Accessories Catalogue

Rice Lewis & Son put the fishing reels, lures, baseball mitts,
ammunition, and revolvers in the very back:

http://www.openlibrary.org/details/b...cess00riceuoft

The rest is bicycle stuff, such as two versions of the Ramsey swinging
pedal for $4.50 on page 36.

Or the Bullis Ball gear shaft-drive assembly, better than bevel, on
page 33.

Or the pocket pump that looks like a Topeak Road Morph on page 44.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 28th 08, 01:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

gotta curmudgeon in there?
Old February 28th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Feb 27, 8:14 pm, wrote:
Rice Lewis & Son put the fishing reels, lures, baseball mitts,
ammunition, and revolvers in the very back:

http://www.openlibrary.org/details/b...cess00riceuoft

They show a Brooks B17 saddle for $2.40. My current day Toronto LBS is
charging 50 times more. To be fair, I think this century's version
has a bit more leather.
Old February 28th 08, 05:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:08:25 -0800 (PST), Brian Huntley
wrote:

On Feb 27, 8:14 pm, wrote:
Rice Lewis & Son put the fishing reels, lures, baseball mitts,
ammunition, and revolvers in the very back:

http://www.openlibrary.org/details/b...cess00riceuoft

They show a Brooks B17 saddle for $2.40. My current day Toronto LBS is
charging 50 times more. To be fair, I think this century's version
has a bit more leather.

Dear Brian,

Brooks fans can use the search function to find the page--direct links
involve an odd zip file process.

The wretched interface is "inspired by a British kiosk."

Clicking on often-invisible tabs along either edge of the "pages" can
jump around the pamphlet.

Search for "nickel" and lots of yellow tabs will appear to show where
the often hidden page tabs are.

I expect that inflation accounts for much of the price increase.

The Canadian dollar has done better than the British pound since 1900,
or so the grpah on page 4 of this PDF claims:
http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/dollar_book/appendixa.pdf

Some of the price rise could also be due a lack of any improvement in
automation in making leather saddles in the last century.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old February 28th 08, 01:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan Burkhart[_68_]

Brian Huntley Wrote:
On Feb 27, 8:14 pm, wrote:
Rice Lewis & Son put the fishing reels, lures, baseball mitts,
ammunition, and revolvers in the very back:

http://www.openlibrary.org/details/b...cess00riceuoft

They show a Brooks B17 saddle for $2.40. My current day Toronto LBS is
charging 50 times more. To be fair, I think this century's version
has a bit more leather.

Brian
C'mon out to Oakville. I sell the B17 for $96.00
www.boomerbicycle.ca

--
Dan Burkhart

Old February 29th 08, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 18:14:16 -0700, may have
said:

Rice Lewis & Son put the fishing reels, lures, baseball mitts,
ammunition, and revolvers in the very back:

http://www.openlibrary.org/details/b...cess00riceuoft

The rest is bicycle stuff, such as two versions of the Ramsey swinging
pedal for $4.50 on page 36.

Or the Bullis Ball gear shaft-drive assembly, better than bevel, on
page 33.

Or the pocket pump that looks like a Topeak Road Morph on page 44.

And the Baldwin Brake, whose effectiveness would be questionable at
best in the event of a flat.

Bicycle Accessories at Daiso Japanese Store SMS ???• ? General 6 October 29th 07 10:41 PM
Trick cyclist from 1900 [email protected] Techniques 2 June 23rd 07 11:34 PM
Evans e-catalogue POHB UK 22 May 29th 06 05:35 PM
Tchibo Catalogue Jan UK 0 April 2nd 05 12:48 PM
Catalogue of lighting misery Simon Mason UK 4 August 14th 03 08:47 AM