One song no one from Louisiana will ever listen too again.

Old September 20th 05, 12:01 AM
ReptilesBlade

Default One song no one from Louisiana will ever listen too again.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tr...=wxcenter_news

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...fresh/AL1805W5
+gif/151209W_sm.gif

HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

XD

And yes I donated a great deal to the NO clean up already so I can say this!

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 05, 01:06 AM
~R

ouch!

Bush's Vaca pic:
http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/sho...php?photo=2665

~Rob

:
: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphi...fresh/AL1805W5
: +gif/151209W_sm.gif
:
: HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!
:
: XD
:
: And yes I donated a great deal to the NO clean up already so I
can say this!
:
: --
: ---
: END OF LINE.
:
: Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
: ----------------------------------------------------------
: ** SPEED ** RETENTION ** COMPLETION ** ANONYMITY **
: ----------------------------------------------------------
: http://www.usenet.com

Old September 20th 05, 01:12 AM
ReptilesBlade

"~R" wrote in news:7oIXe.1032$q1.871
@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

[...]

OMG! That better be a fake!

--
---
END OF LINE.

http://www.usenet.com
Old September 20th 05, 01:33 AM
Don Boring

I heard "Bad Moon Rising"
the other day by Credence Clearwater
Revival and imagined myself hunkering
down to wait out Katrina in New Orleans...

Bad Moon Rising
I see the bad moon rising.
I see trouble on the way.
I see earthquakes and lightnin'.
I see bad times today.

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.

I hear hurricanes a blowing.
I know the end is coming soon.
I fear rivers over flowing.
I hear the voice of rage and ruin.

Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise.
All right!

Hope you got your things together.
Hope you are quite prepared to die.
Looks like we're in for nasty weather.
One eye is taken for an eye.

Old September 20th 05, 01:49 AM
Bob the Cow

"ReptilesBlade" wrote in message
Bush's Vaca pic:
http://www.myfishpix.com/gallery/sho...php?photo=2665

OMG! That better be a fake!

Here's your sign.

Old September 20th 05, 02:31 AM
frank-in-toronto

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:33:20 -0700, Don Boring
wrote:

I heard "Bad Moon Rising"
the other day by Credence Clearwater
Revival and imagined myself hunkering
down to wait out Katrina in New Orleans...

acdc's song "i feel safe in new york city" never
gets airplay anymore
....thehick
Old September 20th 05, 06:25 PM
Olebiker

Or how about:
Thirty miles out in the Gulf Stream
I could hear them South winds moan
The bridges are lookin' lower
Shrimp boats are hurryin' home

The old man down in the quarter
Slowly turned his head
He took another sip of his whiskey bottle
Then he looked at me and he said

Chorus:

I was born in the rain by Lake Ponchartrain
Underneath the Louisiana Moon
And I don't mind the strain of a hurricane
They come around every June
High black water, a devils daughter
She's hard and she's cold, and she's mean
But nobody's taught her that it takes a lot of water
To wash away New Orleans

A man came down from Chicago
Gonna set that levee right
He said it's got to be up about three feet higher
Won't make it through the end of the night

The old man down in the quarter
Said don't you listen to that boy
The water'll down by mornin', son
And he'll be back on his way to Illinois

I was born in the rain by the Ponchartrain
Underneath the Louisiana Moon
And I don't mind the strain of a hurricane
They come around every June
High black water's like the devil's daughter
She's hard and she's cold, and she's mean
But we've finally taught her that it takes a lot of water
To wash away New Orleans

Chorus

Old September 20th 05, 07:26 PM

Memphis Minnie, Led Zeppelin if you prefer rock music

Old September 20th 05, 07:45 PM

A friend tells me this song is about the great migration of blacks to
the North. I only heard the Memphis Minnie original after the recent
bad weather in Louisiana. I would have to say I prefer the original
recording to Led Zeppelins offering.
http://www.harptab.com/lyrics/ly4467.shtml

Unicycle Song dogbowl Unicycling 18 November 2nd 06 01:57 PM
Unicycling Song!! Jester2000 Unicycling 3 May 18th 05 06:02 AM
Billy removes support from Peewee (seeXXXVII for a Laugh) Di Social Issues 3 October 29th 04 05:31 AM
Song in mUNIac? Tassilo Unicycling 2 May 2nd 04 01:59 PM
Dutch cycling song Simon Mason UK 9 September 19th 03 09:38 AM