Millar said what?

Old June 8th 11, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Millar said what?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mill...investigations
"Does anybody out there seriously doubt that Contador was riding clean
in the Giro d'Italia that has just finished? You don't win the biggest
races in the world with such clockwork regularity and comparative ease,
and in such style, by not being the supreme talent and clean. In my
experience the profile of a doper is always much more erratic and
unpredictable."

Both Contador and Lance have been two of the most "predictable" riders
of our era. Everything he says about Contador applies to Lance. And then
he says such can only be the result of having/being "supreme talent and
clean." I can't buy that logic for either one of them. Strange thing for
David Millar to be saying. Of course, this is the same guy who, during
the first Tour of California, spent more than a few minutes discussing
with a team mate the best way to stuff sunglasses into a helmet, and
then went into a fit over how Oakleys fit perfectly into a Giro helmet,
but Giro sunglasses (when sponsored him) did not. I can't tell with
Millar is a certifiable genius, with a mind operating on a level that
mere mortals can't comprehend and deal with, or if he's taking to a
different form of dope.

And, once more, we see incredibly shoddy journalism where such remarks
(about what makes him think Contador is clean) go without challenge or
clarification.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 8th 11, 11:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Jun 8, 7:39*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/mill...e-in-armstrong...
[...]

My enduring memory of Millar speaking is at the end of the 2003 TdF
Gap stage, where he is being interviewed and the ambulance carrying
Beloki drives by. As the siren becomes impossible to ignore, he looks
around mumbling something and continues to talk about himself.
Speaking of which, in that Tour, he got his manager fired for not
convincing him strongly enough to not remove the front derailleur,
which resulted him in losing the prologue.

Oh, that was the "old" Millar before his redemption from drug abuse.

-ilan
Old June 8th 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
NoDannyNo

On Jun 8, 1:39*am, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
[...]

Is Millar a certifiable genius?

In "Racing Through The Dark", Millar offers up this with regard to
being asked to take EPO by his team director:

"I had done well -- bloody well -- as a clean rider. I had stood my
ground, done my bit, but now it was out of my hands. The team needed
me to accept my obligations, and now it made sense."

So his decision to dope essentially boils down to "I was just
following orders". Seems to me that a real genius could come up with
something better than that.
Old June 8th 11, 01:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I can't tell with Millar is a certifiable genius, with a mind operating on a level that
mere mortals can't comprehend and deal with, or if he's taking to a
different form of dope.

This is the same person who kept a used EPO vial as a memento.
Certifiable imbecile would be a better description.
Old June 8th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

This is too obvious - Millar plans to run for political office soon.

He has all the essential attributes ; denial of reality, stupid, ass-
kissing yes man and egocentric liar.
Old June 8th 11, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

On 08/06/2011 13:39, Simply Fred wrote:
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I can't tell with Millar is a certifiable genius, with a mind
operating on a level that
mere mortals can't comprehend and deal with, or if he's taking to a
different form of dope.

This is the same person who kept a used EPO vial as a memento.
Certifiable imbecile would be a better description.

He's from Scotland, wtf did anyone expect?
Old June 8th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

atriage wrote:
He's from Scotland, wtf did anyone expect?

Sounds like a joke about the Scotsman, the Irishman and a used EPO vial.
Or maybe how many pro cyclists it takes to change a light bulb.
Old June 8th 11, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I can't tell with Millar is a certifiable genius, with a mind
operating on a level that
mere mortals can't comprehend and deal with, or if he's taking to a
different form of dope.

This is the same person who kept a used EPO vial as a memento.
Certifiable imbecile would be a better description.

He's from Scotland, wtf did anyone expect?

You're thinking of Robert Millar, very much a Scot.

David Millar was born in Malta and spent more of his youth in
England and Hong Kong than anywhere else.

Just a factual correction, I don't have a problem with ripping
on Scots.

Old June 9th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_4_]

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
I can't tell with Millar is a certifiable genius, with a mind
operating on a level that
mere mortals can't comprehend and deal with, or if he's taking to a
different form of dope.

This is the same person who kept a used EPO vial as a memento.
Certifiable imbecile would be a better description.

He's from Scotland, wtf did anyone expect?

You're thinking of Robert Millar, very much a Scot.

Lol yeah, dour and unfriendly as they come...good cyclist though.

David Millar was born in Malta and spent more of his youth in
England and Hong Kong than anywhere else.

Yes his parents were Scots but I didn't know he was a
Maltese/English/HongKong hybrid.
The wiki page on him says he characterises other pro cyclists as a bunch
of uneducated dimwits, I wonder who he's been hanging with?

Millar Howard Kveck Racing 2 July 8th 07 03:43 PM
Millar ??? Trevor Jeffrey Techniques 1 August 5th 04 05:12 PM
Millar used EPO David N. Welton Racing 17 July 3rd 04 08:18 AM
Millar????? lazysegall Racing 17 July 30th 03 03:10 AM
Millar can climb? Keith Racing 2 July 14th 03 08:02 PM