You'll never believe who's on a uni

Old February 8th 07, 03:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

Default You'll never believe who's on a uni

So, I periodically browse the road bike and MTB forums, and I've been
active in a 'unicycle thread'
(http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=83628) on the road
bike forum.

Well, s t o p t h e p r e s s e s , because someone posted these
in that thread. According to the poster, they were taken last Sunday
(2/4/07). I think, should this guy learn to ride well, he might have a
shot at some records.

R e a d y ?

Old February 8th 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The Munieer

Kris needs to just donate one to him, so he has one. That's marketing.

--
The Munieer

Rod Wylie - Email teachndad (att) gmail(dott) com

'MountainUnicyclingLA.com' (http://www.mountainunicyclingLA.com)
'UnicycleTips.com' (http://UnicycleTips.com)
'Greater Los Angeles Area Trails - Descriptions'
(http://tinyurl.com/6h8zn)
The Munieer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/736

Old February 8th 07, 07:36 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniredneck

Yeah man, that's the way to do it. If he really does get into it
though, I'd like see a Coker and tear up some charity rides, lol.

--
uniredneck

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, than to take rank with those
poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." - Theodore
Roosevelt

onewheelinwierdo wrote:
Thing #9: Do unicycles, not drugs.....

uniredneck's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13931

Old February 8th 07, 08:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tomblackwood

The Munieer wrote:
Kris needs to just donate one to him, so he has one. That's marketing.

Since we're on the subject of giving Kris advice, I'd also suggest
reaching out more directly, connecting for a "sit down". If the best in
the world in one sport is even remotely interested in learning another,
seems like it would be appropriate for the best in that sport to
connect. Given the recent marathon coverage, Lance doesn't seem to have
any issues with being seen and associated with new endurance sports
that he's not the best at. He might make a good fit for Kris's
"cross-over" riders. Also, it would be fun to see him go up against
Iron Mike in that Colorado railroad hillclimb. Smart money would be on
Mike, for the first couple years at least. But once Lance realized
there was someone else on the planet with a similar VO2 max level, he'd
get pretty serious about training and competing.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Old February 8th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

tomblackwood wrote:
Since we're on the subject of giving Kris advice, I'd also suggest
reaching out more directly, connecting for a "sit down". If the best in
the world in one sport is even remotely interested in learning another,
seems like it would be appropriate for the best in that sport to
connect. Given the recent marathon coverage, Lance doesn't seem to have
any issues with being seen and associated with new endurance sports
that he's not the best at. He might make a good fit for Kris's
"cross-over" riders. Also, it would be fun to see him go up against
Iron Mike in that Colorado railroad hillclimb. Smart money would be on
Mike, for the first couple years at least. But once Lance realized
there was someone else on the planet with a similar VO2 max level, he'd
get pretty serious about training and competing.

As long as Lance stays away from my hill climbs.

Edit: Hey, the guy on the road bike forum got those pics from
www.thepaceline.com, in 'this article' (http://tinyurl.com/2t4exn).
You may need to join to see it, but it's free.

--
steveyo

steveyo

...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

Check out my 'uni race write-ups'
(http://home.nycap.rr.com/rduhan/uni_race_writeups/)

Old February 8th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skianduniaddict

ha the steriods arnt helping him uni

--
skianduniaddict

unifreak7 wrote:
IT makes me mad how skianduniaddict is so much better than me at
street.
-Shaun JOhanneson

unifreak7 wrote:
skianduniaddict kicks my ass at street
-Shaun JOhanneson

skianduniaddict's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11868

Old February 10th 07, 05:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

skianduniaddict wrote:
ha the steriods arnt helping him uni

oh yeah
he didn't even do them, it was something stupid
it was french doctors testing urine samples from 7 years before, and
what they found was not steroids or against the rules, that whole thing
is biased.

think what you want.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old February 21st 07, 01:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steveyo

I guess the linked-to pics were taken down. Here they a

|Filename: Lance2.JPG |

Old February 21st 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

I think lance joining maybe a big step in unicycling.

--
Hazmat

1 weird and unusual greek cypriot australian
Hazmat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13828

Old February 21st 07, 02:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Zzagg

skrobo wrote:
it was french doctors testing urine samples from 7 years before...

Yes this was all ruled by the DGSA (the french CIA) because M. President
couldn't bear to see an american stealing "OUR" Tour
Add to this the famous french doctors evilness and you get it

Damn stupid frenchies, creating such unbelievable stories about "Mr
Clean"

More seriously, I'd be glad to see Lance on a unicycle during next
Unicon, that would be great for our sport.

--
Zzagg

Zzagg - Air Circus Team (Nantes)

Living easy, living free...
...Season ticket on a one wheel ride.

JJuggle wrote:
Zzagg, I'm struggling with your English.

Zzagg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6847