Oh happy, happy day!

Old March 2nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

Default Oh happy, happy day!

Just got back for my first pootle in far too long due to an ongoing achilles
tendon problem.

One's personal bike mechanic had a swift fettle of Gino to check him over
for me. He even put a brand new chain on Gino for me.

Oh joy! Oh sweet bliss! Oh happy, happy day!

Took it easy, doing only 15 miles of *very* easy-paced cycling, but oh,
soul-singing ecstasy!

No tendon pain!

The wind in my face, the blue sky, the green fields, bird song, sheep in the
fields, hares, pheasants, bunnies, the sun shining! The sweet cradling of
Terry's finest leather upon one's delicate regions. One's thighs invigorated
by the smooth pedalling action of feet perfectly held by Look pedals. Lungs
filling with the sweet scent of fresh Spring air!

Oh happy, happy day!

I needed that and it was bliss.

And it was fun.

Old March 2nd 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 2 Mar, 13:10, "wafflycat" wrote:
[...]

Most of us are in offices today, as am I. Dispite feeling a little
green, I deep down share your happiness....especialy as I leave at
four today which means an hour and a half of road without the need you
lights!

Old March 2nd 07, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
wafflycat tweaked the Babbage-Engine to
tell us:

[peotic STULL]

Stuck in a Nut Mine with the M25 to look forward to in a couple of hours
time :-(

Grr!

Still, at least there's an almost-all-new 200 tomorrow...

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old March 2nd 07, 02:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote in message
Just got back for my first pootle in far too long due to an ongoing
achilles tendon problem.

One's personal bike mechanic had a swift fettle of Gino to check him over
for me. He even put a brand new chain on Gino for me.

Oh joy! Oh sweet bliss! Oh happy, happy day!

Took it easy, doing only 15 miles of *very* easy-paced cycling, but oh,
soul-singing ecstasy!

No tendon pain!

The wind in my face, the blue sky, the green fields, bird song, sheep in
the fields, hares, pheasants, bunnies, the sun shining! The sweet cradling
of Terry's finest leather upon one's delicate regions. One's thighs
invigorated by the smooth pedalling action of feet perfectly held by Look
pedals. Lungs filling with the sweet scent of fresh Spring air!

Oh happy, happy day!

*turns green with envy*

My wonky foot decided to point out it wasn't happy with me cycling today so
riding around this morning was not pleasant.

My rear wheel began wobbling as I pushed on the pedals so took the skewer
out when I got home and the axle dropped out. Second time it's snapped in
two within 6 months of buying a new bike. Don't have the tools to remove
the axle (gears are a cassette rather than a freewheel) to replace it so
have been around all the bike shops in town looking for a new 11-34
freewheel for an old but solid wheel. Halfords didn't have any and all the
other shops said they don't make them any more (so I've had to order one
through internet which will hopefully arrive tomorrow).

Now the freewheel on the old wheel won't come off (

--
peter

Cheap train tickets database
http://www.petereverett.co.uk/tickets/

Email sent to this address is generally deleted upon arrival
Visit website if you want to contact me

Old March 2nd 07, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Al C-F

naked_draughtsman wrote:

My rear wheel began wobbling as I pushed on the pedals so took the skewer
out when I got home and the axle dropped out. Second time it's snapped in
two within 6 months of buying a new bike. Don't have the tools to remove
the axle (gears are a cassette rather than a freewheel) to replace it

I'm confused.

On all of my bikes, I have been able to remove the axle without removing
either freewheel or cassette, by undoing the lock nut and cone on the
non-drive side and pushing the axle through. This has been a yearly
event on my hack, which has a cassette.

Are my bikes unusually simple? Is there a reason I should be removing
the cassette? The only 'special tools' I have needed are a pair of cone
spanners that cost me about a fiver.
Old March 2nd 07, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Dave Larrington :
Still, at least there's an almost-all-new 200 tomorrow...

Anyone planning the Stevenage 200 at the end of March?
--
David Damerell flcl?
Today is Oneiros, March.
Old March 2nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
David Damerell tweaked the Babbage-Engine
to tell us:
Quoting Dave Larrington :
Still, at least there's an almost-all-new 200 tomorrow...

Anyone planning the Stevenage 200 at the end of March?

I've entered, but like last year it's the day after the Invicta 200. And if
this year's Invicta is anything like last year's I'll be needing the Sunday
to dry out...

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk
Bandersnatch? I would never have guessed.

Old March 2nd 07, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
naked_draughtsman[_2_]

"Al C-F" m wrote in
message ...
I'm confused.

On all of my bikes, I have been able to remove the axle without removing
either freewheel or cassette, by undoing the lock nut and cone on the
non-drive side and pushing the axle through. This has been a yearly event
on my hack, which has a cassette.

I could just pull the axle really hard but the metal discs around the cone
on the other side was quite well wedged on so might be quite hard work but I
can't screw it out because I can't get to the cone on the drive side and
can't loosen the lock nut because there's nothing to hold the axle with.
If I did get it out, knowing my luck the bearings would drop out and get
lost/stuck which I wouldn't be able to get to to sort out. Much easier to
use a wheel which takes freewheels as everything is nice and easy to get at,
especially when I already have the wheel. (the old freewheel has now come
off after a soaking of GT85 and a lot of brute force)

Old March 2nd 07, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Dave Larrington :
David Damerell tweaked the Babbage-Engine
Quoting Dave Larrington :
Still, at least there's an almost-all-new 200 tomorrow...

Anyone planning the Stevenage 200 at the end of March?

I've entered,

I'm rather hoping AUK's memsec writes back to us soon - otherwise I guess
we'll post entries as non-AUK and try and sort it out later.
--
David Damerell flcl?
Today is Oneiros, March.
Old March 2nd 07, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

wafflycat wrote:

Just got back for my first pootle in far too long due to an ongoing achilles
tendon problem.

One's personal bike mechanic had a swift fettle of Gino to check him over
for me. He even put a brand new chain on Gino for me.

Oh joy! Oh sweet bliss! Oh happy, happy day!

Took it easy, doing only 15 miles of *very* easy-paced cycling, but oh,
soul-singing ecstasy!

No tendon pain!

good!

The wind in my face, the blue sky, the green fields, bird song, sheep in the
fields, hares, pheasants, bunnies, the sun shining! The sweet cradling of
Terry's finest leather upon one's delicate regions. One's thighs invigorated
by the smooth pedalling action of feet perfectly held by Look pedals. Lungs
filling with the sweet scent of fresh Spring air!

Oh happy, happy day!

I needed that and it was bliss.

And it was fun.

was a lovely day took the mountain bike for a spin around richmand park,
ooh they like to be friendly with all those signs!

was a lovely day though was nice to get my nice bike out (1) and have a
ride about even if richmound park is hardly a test! very pritty though
sun was out.

roger

(1) its almost new and has been in a shed for months as i've been moving
house etc. so great to go out and spring round on the bike.

Not Happy Blanchy Australia 3 November 7th 05 02:35 AM
Not happy Jan! Craig Strong Australia 4 August 28th 05 11:58 AM
Happy happy happy brucianna General 0 June 8th 05 09:22 AM
I am just so happy Paul - xxx UK 10 August 11th 04 08:17 PM