Star letter and common sense from police.

Old April 3rd 04, 03:44 PM
Simon Mason

Default Star letter and common sense from police.

Some people might remember the flood of complaints from drivers in our city
when they were fined for speeding on a dual carriageway with a 30 mph limit.
These included council leaders and ex specials and even the AA who all
virtually admitted in a large regional newspaper to not being fit to drive,
since they didn't know the rules of the road before setting off. At last a
police officer has gone into print to put the record straight. He

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zpolice.htm

Also, in the same issue, I managed to get the "star letter" and to give the
editor their due for once, they didn't mess around with the original too
much ;-) They even added a nice picture of lots of bikes in Amsterdam. I
also finally learned how to make the scan clearer and brighter in Paint Shop
Pro.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zmainletter.htm

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old April 3rd 04, 05:06 PM
Graham

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Some people might remember the flood of complaints from drivers in our

city
when they were fined for speeding on a dual carriageway with a 30 mph

limit.
These included council leaders and ex specials and even the AA who all
virtually admitted in a large regional newspaper to not being fit to

drive,
since they didn't know the rules of the road before setting off. At last a
police officer has gone into print to put the record straight. He

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zpolice.htm

Good article !

Graham

Old April 3rd 04, 05:10 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

At last a
police officer has gone into print to put the record straight. He

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zpolice.htm

Quite refreshing to read. What a different attitude to the Chief Constable of
Norfolk who has said speed cameras in Norfolk are not exactly a good thing.

Also, in the same issue, I managed to get the "star letter" and to give the
editor their due for once, they didn't mess around with the original too
much ;-)

Excellent :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 3rd 04, 05:17 PM
Ambrose Nankivell

In ,
Simon Mason typed:
Some people might remember the flood of complaints from drivers in
our city when they were fined for speeding on a dual carriageway with
a 30 mph limit. ... At last a police officer has gone into print
to put the record straight. He

Good article

Also, in the same issue, I managed to get the "star letter" and to
give the editor their due for once, they didn't mess around with the
original too much ;-) They even added a nice picture of lots of bikes
in Amsterdam. I also finally learned how to make the scan clearer and
brighter in Paint Shop Pro.

Good letter. Nice work there. Quite possibly your letter gave them some of
the encouragement to publish the article, too.

Old April 3rd 04, 05:36 PM
Mark Thompson

Some people might remember the flood of complaints from drivers in our
city when they were fined for speeding on a dual carriageway with a 30
mph limit. These included council leaders and ex specials and even the
AA who all virtually admitted in a large regional newspaper to not
being fit to drive, since they didn't know the rules of the road
before setting off. At last a police officer has gone into print to
put the record straight. He

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zpolice.htm

You can tell the policeman pictured is really happy in his job!
Old April 3rd 04, 07:25 PM
Adrian Boliston

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

Also, in the same issue, I managed to get the "star letter" and to give

the
editor their due for once, they didn't mess around with the original too
much ;-) They even added a nice picture of lots of bikes in Amsterdam....

Those dutch bikes all look like heavy lumbering monstrosities! Don't they
ever ride quality lightweight machines over there?

Old April 3rd 04, 08:24 PM
Ian W

Simon,

Three loud and rowdy cheers for you, your local paper, and your local
police force. If we saw more of this nationwide then this would start
to be a much nicer country to live in.

(And, of course, a change of government would make this country better
too - I'm not happy to learn that because of this bunch of lying
Yankee-pandering no-gooders, people in my profession are now near the
top of al-Qaeda's hitlist!)

Ian

--
www.drianwalker.com

Remove the nice brown paste in my signature if you want to reply!

Old April 3rd 04, 09:03 PM
Vincent Wilcox

Stephen Clark wrote:
"Ian W" wrote in message

Simon,

Three loud and rowdy cheers for you, your local paper, and your local
police force. If we saw more of this nationwide then this would start
to be a much nicer country to live in.

(And, of course, a change of government would make this country better
too - I'm not happy to learn that because of this bunch of lying
Yankee-pandering no-gooders, people in my profession are now near the
top of al-Qaeda's hitlist!)

Why has al-Qaeda got it in for statisticians then?

63.6% of them have.

Old April 3rd 04, 09:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Simon Mason
') wrote:

Some people might remember the flood of complaints from drivers in our
city when they were fined for speeding on a dual carriageway with a 30
mph limit... At last a police officer has gone into print to
put the record straight. He

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zpolice.htm

Also, in the same issue, I managed to get the "star letter" ...

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/zmainletter.htm

Good for you - and good for that policeman!

;; this is not a .sig