uk.rec.cycling vs. all the other cycling newsgroups

Old April 1st 15, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default uk.rec.cycling vs. all the other cycling newsgroups

I want to make a bike trip from the Bath, Uk to Mouline de Chaves in France.. Any of you have made the route before? Or maybe know someone who had? Or maybe a group that does this kind of trips? I am very unexperienced in this kind of trips but I am willing to do it.
Thank you very much in advance and sorry to bother you.
Caroline
Old April 7th 15, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr Mudd-John

On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 15:55:33 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 03/04/2015 05:50, wrote:
El miércoles, 1 de abril de 2015, 12:13:10 (UTC-4:30), JNugent escribió:
On 01/04/2015 17:08,
wrote:

I want to make a bike trip from the Bath, Uk to Mouline de Chaves in
France. Any of you have made the route before? Or maybe know someone
who had? Or maybe a group that does this kind of trips? I am very
unexperienced in this kind of trips but I am willing to do it.
Thank you very much in advance and sorry to bother you.
Caroline

It looks like a very long way. Around 500 miles, or 800 Km, via the
Poole - Cherbourg ferry.

Will you travel by that route?

I still don't know. I am finding out. I think that maybe to St. Melo
could be shorter and nicer, and cheaper!!

Well, best of luck with whichever route you choose.

You will probably be cycling through the nicest parts of England and
France.

Make sure you allow ample travel time to arrive at the ferry with due
allowance for booking-in time before departure (BTDDT,NLTS).
I have a memory of camping below the castle at um half way down the
Go-tentin' (SINC!) peninsula.
Saint Sauveur le Vicomte.
c'est la vie!
--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Old April 7th 15, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

newsp.xwqf39i4msr2db@dell3100...

wrote:

[...]

Can you remind us of how many driving lessons you had to take?