Schwalbe Marathon

Old May 5th 08, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Schwalbe Marathon

Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old May 5th 08, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Mon, 05 May 2008, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
quite wide.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old May 5th 08, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 05 May 2008 18:56:58 GMT, Ian Smith said
in :

Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
quite wide.

The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

Old May 5th 08, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alan Braggins

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/c2-1073-marathon.html suggests you can't.

http://www.kinetics-online.co.uk/html/tyre_guide.shtml lists some sizes
that www.schwalbe.co.uk doesn't, but the Stelvio is the only 28-406 shown.
Old May 6th 08, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burtthebike

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Try St John Street bikes. If they haven't got it, you can't get it.

Old May 6th 08, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On 05 May 2008 18:56:58 GMT, Ian Smith said
in :

Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

Is it the 406 or the 28 you're questioning? There's a 40-406 marathon
on the back of my Trice, but last I looked the 20" marathons were
quite wide.

The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

the 406x38 on the front of my Streetamchine and similar on the front of
Roos' Fiero disagree... (Roos switched out Stelvios for them, as a
matter of fact). We both have standard SKS 'guards.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old May 6th 08, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Larrington

In ,
Just zis Guy, you know? tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
Anyone know if you can get Marathon or Marathon Plus on 28 x 406?
I've got Marathons on the tandem, but they are 38 or something. I
want something a bit less fragile than Stelvios for the 'bent now I
don't use it much.

The only skinny 406 Schwalbe do is the Stelvio - next up is the Kojak which
is, IIRC, a 35. I've successfully used a Vredestein S-Lick - which IIRC
was about 33/34 mm wide - on the front of my Speedmachine with a mudguard,
so a Kojak /might/ fit.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old May 7th 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Tue, 06 May 2008 08:29:59 +0100, Peter Clinch
said in
:

The 28. Anything much bigger won't fit with mudguards.

the 406x38 on the front of my Streetamchine and similar on the front of
Roos' Fiero disagree... (Roos switched out Stelvios for them, as a
matter of fact). We both have standard SKS 'guards.

Mine does not have much in the way of clearances.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Schwalbe Marathon Plus - ouch dgk General 23 February 1st 08 12:58 PM
Schwalbe Marathon Plus - availability in Sydney Brock Australia 3 January 4th 08 01:39 AM
Schwalbe Marathon Pluses - very chunky? Peewiglet UK 62 October 30th 05 01:35 PM
Schwalbe: Marathon+ or XR sothach UK 6 October 29th 05 07:15 PM
Schwalbe Marathon XR: Yay or Nay? Brian UK 8 November 22nd 04 07:05 PM