Darwin Awards

Old April 15th 15, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

Default Darwin Awards

"Simon Jester" wrote in message

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 5:35:06 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

...so they should close the railways as well?

You are the only one suggesting closing railways.

I rather think he was being sarcastic.
When you have a large group of people as clueless as this, it would appear
that this would be the only way of countering their gross stupidity.

Old April 15th 15, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Phil W Lee" wrote in message

Peter Hill considered Tue, 14
Apr 2015 07:44:29 +0100 the perfect time to write:

On 14/04/2015 01:50, Phil W Lee wrote:
Bod considered Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:58:28 +0100
the perfect time to write:

On 13/04/2015 00:10, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 12:03:19 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

What a bunch of killjoys the French government is.

They close roads for Le Mans.

And for all of the running marathons.

And for F1, rallying, motorcycle road racing, hillclimbs, and all
sorts of other events.

But none of the organisers of those events is stupid enough to take them
over a railway level crossing. Or mad enough to expect a railway to be
closed.

Wrong.
The Mountain circuit on the Isle of Man crosses the Snaefell Mountain
Railway, which is closed for all events using that (road) circuit.

Oh dear. We appear to have caught Mr. Lee lying again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snaefell_Mountain_Railway

Quote : ......" During race periods, trams terminate either side of the
road and passengers connect by means of a footbridge. ".....

So the railway does not close at all, it merely resorts to the same
practices that railways use when they carry out any form of works on the
track.

Old April 15th 15, 09:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 15/04/2015 20:03, Phil W Lee wrote:
"Tarcap" considered Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:14:07
+0100 the perfect time to write:

I suppose we can hope that the current focus on mental health in the
NHS will put an end to "care in the community", so that you can be
properly and securely accommodated.

Speaking of mental health, you consider a child's toy to be transport &
ride it wearing skin tight fluorescent lycra. An alledged form of
transport that makes you sweaty & smelly, cause piles and reduces sperm
count.

And Tarcap doesn't.

Seems pretty obvious you have the mental health problems.

Old April 15th 15, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 14/04/2015 20:52, Simon Jester wrote:

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 5:35:06 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

...so they should close the railways as well?

You are the only one suggesting closing railways.

I am very far from having suggested that any transport mode be closed or
restricted in order to accommodate racing on the road.

For clarity, all vehicle racing on all roads is a crime and ought to be
illegal.
Old April 16th 15, 01:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
paul george

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:30:30 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

I am very far from having suggested that any transport mode be closed or
restricted in order to accommodate racing on the road.

Including the London marathon and Le Mans?
You mentioned the Grand National.
How is closing roads for an off road horse race any different from
closing roads for an on road horse race.

When the golf open came to Hoylake last year trains between Hoylake
and West Kirby were stopped for the duration.

For clarity, all vehicle racing on all roads is a crime and ought to be
illegal.

There are non-illegal crimes?

Old April 16th 15, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Hill[_2_]

On 16/04/2015 01:59, Paul George wrote:
On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:30:30 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

I am very far from having suggested that any transport mode be closed or
restricted in order to accommodate racing on the road.

Including the London marathon and Le Mans?
You mentioned the Grand National.
How is closing roads for an off road horse race any different from
closing roads for an on road horse race.

When the golf open came to Hoylake last year trains between Hoylake
and West Kirby were stopped for the duration.

Golf is a rich man's sport.

For clarity, all vehicle racing on all roads is a crime and ought to be
illegal.

There are non-illegal crimes?

But the idiots that went though the closed/closing railway crossing had
a police escort.

So the stupid thing is bike racing is held on open roads and all other
racing is on closed roads. If you want you can run bike races on closed
road course but expect entry fees to go up so much that it becomes
impossible to get enough entrants to run the event. Closing 200 miles of
road would be a very expensive thing to do, so the circuit will be very
short, like Oliver's Mount or the New Brighton sea front.
Old April 16th 15, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 16/04/2015 01:59, Paul George wrote:

On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 11:30:30 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:

I am very far from having suggested that any transport mode be closed or
restricted in order to accommodate racing on the road.

Including the London marathon and Le Mans?

France is not my concern. Neither is Monaco.

I don't live in London and can easily live without visiting it, but I am
conscious of the right of people who do live there. Aren't you?

You mentioned the Grand National.

I did. Well-remembered.

How is closing roads for an off road horse race any different from
closing roads for an on road horse race.

The Grand National is run partly on the road. Did you not know that?

Luckily, the road isn't an important one and the annual closure seems
well-accepted by the locals.

When the golf open came to Hoylake last year trains between Hoylake
and West Kirby were stopped for the duration.

Really?

Why?

For clarity, all vehicle racing on all roads is a crime and ought to be
illegal.

There are non-illegal crimes?

Clearly. Perhaps you don't understand the full meaning of the word. It
doesn't only mean what you want it to only mean.

The Darwin Awards for Idiot Mountain Bikers Mike Vandeman[_4_] Social Issues 10 December 4th 11 02:36 AM
Darwin candidate Kristian M Zoerhoff General 6 June 21st 06 10:28 PM
Cycling's Darwin Awards Event Scheduled for 11/5 [email protected] Racing 0 August 29th 05 04:01 PM
OT Humour - Darwin Awards MartinM UK 18 July 26th 04 11:42 PM
Darwin Big Carl Australia 2 July 13th 04 06:27 AM