Bit early for the Boat Race!

Old March 27th 04, 10:22 PM
Pete Biggs

Default Bit early for the Boat Race!

Cycled to Putney bridge, disappointed because I got there at 6.10pm,
thought I'd missed it, go for a knackering ride about instead, get home,
realised I was 23 hours and 50 minutes too early. Thought it was a too
dark to start at that time*!

Altogether now.... ==DOH!!==

* don't forget: clocks go forward 1 hour tonight.... It is forwards,
isn't it? :-)

~PB

Old March 27th 04, 10:52 PM
Helen Deborah Vecht

"Pete Biggs" typed

Cycled to Putney bridge, disappointed because I got there at 6.10pm,
thought I'd missed it, go for a knackering ride about instead, get home,
realised I was 23 hours and 50 minutes too early. Thought it was a too
dark to start at that time*!

Altogether now.... ==DOH!!==

* don't forget: clocks go forward 1 hour tonight.... It is forwards,
isn't it? :-)

~PB

It is forwards. I'll be watching from the towpath just southwest of
Hammersmith Bridge...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 28th 04, 11:25 AM
Zog The Undeniable

Pete Biggs wrote:

* don't forget: clocks go forward 1 hour tonight.... It is forwards,
isn't it? :-)

Spring forwards, fall back.
Old March 28th 04, 11:05 PM
pineapple

Helen Deborah V wrote:
It is forwards. I'll be watching from the towpath just southwest of
Hammersmith Bridge...

OMG I was just in that exact spot watching! Shame that by the time the
got to us, the race had already been decided by a clash... Apparentl
Oxford tried to blame Cambridge for crashing into them, but it wa
actually Oxford that broke something by steering into Cambridge. heh

Go on the light blues

-

Old March 29th 04, 09:40 AM
Helen Deborah Vecht

pineapple typed

Helen Deborah V wrote:
It is forwards. I'll be watching from the towpath just southwest of
Hammersmith Bridge...

OMG I was just in that exact spot watching! Shame that by the time they
got to us, the race had already been decided by a clash... Apparently
Oxford tried to blame Cambridge for crashing into them, but it was
actually Oxford that broke something by steering into Cambridge. hehe

Go on the light blues!

I haveta confess I didn't actually go down to the river! I stayed in
friend's house, with another boat race party guest and watched the
action on the TV! I'm a wobbly wimp...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.