News from the Armstrong Family

Old September 12th 03, 06:44 PM
Bob M

Default News from the Armstrong Family

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 05:10:38 GMT, Mark Hickey wrote:

"Slider2699" wrote:

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote:

As should we all. Tabloids are not legitimate journalistic sources.
I'm
willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Why don't you?

Because this isn't the first time he has left his family, his wife and
3
kids....There must be something going on.

Don't feed the troll...

I resent the troll accusation, Hickey. I've been a regular poster for
quite
some time now. I'm a Lance Armstrong fan, and running his name down
because
of a report in a tabloid is not cool.

Check the attribution - I wasn't suggesting YOUR post was a troll, but
the one "Pat" wrote. I agree entirely with what you wrote.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame

How can someone who reported what the papers said be a troll? This would
be like saying, "On Sept. 11th, planes hit the World Trade Centers" and
calling that person a troll. Generally I agree with you, Mark, but I think
you're off base on this one.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old September 12th 03, 06:47 PM
Bob M

On 6 Sep 2003 19:07:28 -0700, R.White wrote:

"Slider2699" wrote in message
om...
snip

The man can beat cancer and win the Tour 5 times, but a
successful marriage escapes him. I think that says a lot.

It says that a lifetime commitment to another person is not easy.

For Lance. Some people have no problems with a lifetime commitment to
another person.

--
Bob M in CT
Remove 'x.' to reply
Old September 13th 03, 01:51 AM
Slider2699

news

"Pat" wrote:

[...]

Because he was using a tabloid report and passing it off as fact, even
though the papers did it first. Newspapers shouldn't be using tabloids as
sources, anyway.

Old September 13th 03, 01:52 AM
Slider2699

"Bob M" wrote in message
news
On 6 Sep 2003 19:07:28 -0700, R.White wrote:

"Slider2699" wrote in message
om...
snip

The man can beat cancer and win the Tour 5 times, but a
successful marriage escapes him. I think that says a lot.

It says that a lifetime commitment to another person is not easy.

For Lance. Some people have no problems with a lifetime commitment to
another person.

Or maybe for Kristin.

Old September 13th 03, 05:46 AM
Mark Hickey

Bob M wrote:

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 05:10:38 GMT, Mark Hickey wrote:

Don't feed the troll...

How can someone who reported what the papers said be a troll? This would
be like saying, "On Sept. 11th, planes hit the World Trade Centers" and
calling that person a troll. Generally I agree with you, Mark, but I think
you're off base on this one.

You didn't read the whole thread apparently. "Pat" wrote that Lance
was keeping company with a 21 year old co-ed, based entirely upon a
tabloid report. It was suggested that we give Lance the benefit of
the doubt, and "Pat" replied that "there must be something going on",
intimating that the tabloids were right.

I find it amazing that any pro cyclist can stay married, actually -
the demands on them and their family are horrendous at best - we're
NOT talking about a lot of quality time, and there are a million
reasons above and beyond a "21 year old co-ed" that could be at the
root of the problem.

Besides, anyone who believes ANYTHING they read in a tabloid can't be
taken seriously. ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com