Danilo Di Luca To Tour de Pologne: «I Want to Win»

Old September 9th 05, 07:23 PM
Hell and High Water

Default Danilo Di Luca To Tour de Pologne: «I Want to Win»

From the team page:

Danilo Di Luca will start the final fight over the win of the first
edition of the UCI Pro Tour by taking part in the Tour de Pologne, from
Monday 12 to Sunday 18 September. 29-year-old rider of the Liquigas-
Bianchi team will take part in a race again after two-week stop: «I've
been training hard to recover peak condition,» says Di Luca, who regards
the Tour de Pologne as paramount to win the Pro Tour. «I'm going to get
the best: both stage wins and, above all, an excellent overall placing.
Do you wonder if I want to win? Of course, I do. Firstly, the Tour de
Pologne is a race of great value. Secondly, the 50 points for the
overall winner would strengthen my leadership. If I won the Tour de
Pologne, I would almost get it...»

In the Killer's opinion «the last unusual time trial stage is decisive
to win the Tour de Pologne: the first part is flat; in the final part
there is a very step climb. That's a kind of mountain time trial...». As
for the main opponents, Di Luca is su «Rebellin, Vinokourov and
Julich. As usual.»

Liquigas-Bianchi to the Tour de Pologne will featu Di Luca,
Andriotto, Loda, Miholjevic, Milesi, Noé, Pagliarini and Righetto.
General Manager Roberto Amadio and Team Manager Mario Scirea will lead
the team.

GO DD!!
-Bob