Who does the cranking?

Old October 1st 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Greens

Default Who does the cranking?

http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but wouldn't
that make it impossible to spin?

I like the different seating positions. You could stop and change every once
in awhile. I know I wouldn't last long as the guy in front unless he has
some sort of chest or belly support.

One major problem I forsee is a lot more ridicule in homophobic areas unless
you put girls on the front and middle. Do that and you'll trade the
homophobic ridicule for perve ridicule.

Old October 1st 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

Greens wrote:
http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but wouldn't
that make it impossible to spin?

I like the different seating positions. You could stop and change every once
in awhile. I know I wouldn't last long as the guy in front unless he has
some sort of chest or belly support.

One major problem I forsee is a lot more ridicule in homophobic areas unless
you put girls on the front and middle. Do that and you'll trade the
homophobic ridicule for perve ridicule.

I thought it looked like an extended pedal platform for 3 feet but
couldn't see it well enough to be sure.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Old October 1st 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Scott Gordo

On Oct 1, 1:08 pm, "Greens" wrote:
http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but wouldn't
that make it impossible to spin?

I like the different seating positions. You could stop and change every once
in awhile. I know I wouldn't last long as the guy in front unless he has
some sort of chest or belly support.

One major problem I forsee is a lot more ridicule in homophobic areas unless
you put girls on the front and middle. Do that and you'll trade the
homophobic ridicule for perve ridicule.

Yeah. Wow. I don't consider myself homophobic, but that bike just
ain't my kind of party

/s

Old October 1st 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Greens

"A Muzi" wrote in message
Greens wrote:
http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but
wouldn't that make it impossible to spin?

I like the different seating positions. You could stop and change every
once in awhile. I know I wouldn't last long as the guy in front unless he
has some sort of chest or belly support.

One major problem I forsee is a lot more ridicule in homophobic areas
unless you put girls on the front and middle. Do that and you'll trade
the homophobic ridicule for perve ridicule.

I thought it looked like an extended pedal platform for 3 feet but
couldn't see it well enough to be sure.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Somebody here thought it had one crank with three pedals. The guy in the
middle has the pedals up against the bike. The guy on the front has his feet
wider apart. The guy in the back has his feet.... well, it looks to me like
he's at rest with his feet on pegs.

I could see how those first two could be pedaling in an awkward kind of way.
The third guy might just be dead weight.

Old October 2nd 07, 03:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_1194_]

Greens who? wrote:
http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but wouldn't
that make it impossible to spin?...

Another pictu http://www.hpv-klub.dk/Arrangementer/wm99/6.jpg.

A Real Cyclist [TM] keeps at least one bicycle in the bedroom.

Old October 2nd 07, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Greens

"Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman" wrote in message
.. .
Greens who? wrote:
http://www.sudibe.de/fotos/triplets/tridem21.jpg

I was trying to figure out how the crank worked on this tridem. It looks
like all three riders have their feet going to the same crank, but
wouldn't that make it impossible to spin?...

Another pictu http://www.hpv-klub.dk/Arrangementer/wm99/6.jpg.

A Real Cyclist [TM] keeps at least one bicycle in the bedroom.

Another page with a picture of just the crankset. Also, it says "one
crankset for three people".
http://www.futurebike.ch/FB_Web_WM99/foto/131vb.jpg - the crank and it's
weird attachment. Apparantly the attachment is like an elaborate pedal that
has room for three feet. Also in one of the pictures it looks like the
middle guy has a bit of a hole worn into the side of his leg, maybe from
getting rubbed by other rider's feet on it's trip round.