storage rack for 8 bikes (vertically)

Old October 2nd 07, 03:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

Default storage rack for 8 bikes (vertically)

My landlord has asked me about putting up a bike storage rack in a basement
hallway for about 6 - 8 bikes. The hallways is not wide, so the bikes will
have to be hung by front wheel, and lined up next to each other standing on
their rear wheels, sort of like in a very small bike shop. Is there a
ready-made rack system that can hoist 6-8 bikes this way, or maybe one bike
and I can just buy 8? I can probably build one with hooks and 2x4s, but the
landlord wants a store bought rack(s) and not have to drill into the cement
wall. TIA.

Old October 2nd 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
wrote:

My landlord has asked me about putting up a bike storage rack in a basement
hallway for about 6 - 8 bikes. The hallways is not wide, so the bikes will
have to be hung by front wheel, and lined up next to each other standing on
their rear wheels, sort of like in a very small bike shop. Is there a
ready-made rack system that can hoist 6-8 bikes this way, or maybe one bike
and I can just buy 8? I can probably build one with hooks and 2x4s, but the
landlord wants a store bought rack(s) and not have to drill into the cement
wall. TIA.

There's tons. This is only the densest solution offered by the first
plausible google result:

http://www.dero.com/track_rack.html

Old October 2nd 07, 05:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
spdrecrd

Here's a good, inexpensive solution. And it's scalable. You can just
bolt as many of these as you want to a dropped down 2X4 or cross beam.
http://pedalpushersonline.com/?CID=645

In article ,

--
Ryan Cousineau /

Old October 2nd 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

ups.com...

wrote:
[...]

Thanks, but it requires drilling into the cement wall.

Old October 2nd 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Paul Myron Hobson

Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ® wrote:
Thanks, but it requires drilling into the cement wall.

So drill into the wall. Anything is going to require some drilling.

\\paul