Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS(Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

Old October 8th 18, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Official pedal cyclist road deaths in 2016 ex DOT/NHTSA/FARS(Fatality Analysis Reporting System)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 5:50:01 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 09:17:19 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 10:08:42 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:36:56 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

P.S Fish genes are of no value as that water that is going to flood
the eastern USA is so full of microplastic you'll starve to death
with a full stomach of it. Karma is a bitch.

Microplastic? China turning to "renewable" power? Explain all this to
us - what is your credentials for making scientific prognostications?

The end result of all that plastic crap that ends up in to ocean is
smaller and smaller bits of plastic. There is no such quality as bio-
degradable. Iit turned out to be faster break down. End result is
basically major patches in the oceans turing into plastic soup.

The micro sized bits of plastic is being ingested into various marine
species where in many cases, it lodges and starves them to death. In
the same way that all foodstuffs now have varying levels of mercury,
cadium etc, you can look forward to future food stuffs coming with a
percentage of 'plastic'. I hope you don't prefer seafood.

My God, do you read the same crap as my brother? That the world is flat
and that the Moon Landing never occurred and was shot on a sound stage
in Hollywood?

Lol, once again you can argue your point without mis-representation and
exageratiopn.

Stay within your F-ing realm of understanding. There are BACTERIA that
eat plastic waste.

Yes, in a laboratory, in miniscule numbers, and only for certain plastic.
The globe will be yards deep in plastic before before they will be a
significant life form.

Tell us all about these "marine species" that are
dying out because of "plastic lodging" in their digestive tracts
apparently?

Again, another misrepresentation and exageration in a desperate attempt
to argue some point. The word was dieing from and not species extinction.

https://phys.org/news/2016-03-newly-...c-bottles.html

Since one species of bacteria presently consume polyethylene
terephthalate there will soon be hundreds of subspecies in every single
environment on Earth and not long after that they will be forced to
return to glass bottles.

Perhaps you should stop believing the "science" in movies and stick to
real movies. Evolution is an important concept, but except in
virtualisation, it is consistently found to be unable to meet natural
demands.

Read ALL of the environmentalist whacko crap you want but don't expect
educated people to give you the time of day.

I live in hope that you may actuall read and comprehend what you claim to
read. Perhaps a bit beyound the headlines for a start.

I have worked deeply in science since the mid-1070's. What are your credentials?
Old October 8th 18, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:11:20 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 08:35:43 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 10/3/2018 12:08 AM, news18 wrote:
[...]

Ohferchrissake, try to keep up:

https://www.iflscience.com/environme...g-eat-plastic-

dump-into-oceans/

Perhaps you should read that again. Even that article says the claim is
yet to be verified and urged caution. Given how little we have explored
the oceans, especially the depths, a claim that rare bacteria are
responsible for the "disappearance' of plastic is on very shaky grounds.

Much like the Gulf bacteria and biota which dissipated and converted the
oil:

No, "oil' has been around for millenia far longer than Homo sapiens have
infested the earth. So the bacteria that feed off it are nothing new, but
given the amount of oil spread around the globe, their numbers have
ballooned compared to ancient times.

https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/inve...sh-break-down-

oil-after-spill

https://ocean.si.edu/ecosystems/deep...eled-food-web-

after-gulf-oil-spill

Same old story, just basic food web dynamics where a pulse in the feed of
one organism usually creates a pulse in the predators for that species.

You seem to be unaware of the amount of plastic manufactured in the world since the 1960's and it's near undetectability in our natural environment.

Please do not make silly claims such as, "they have only produced these bacteria in the laboratories" when they are in fact trying to use DNA engineering techniques to improve their efficiency with totally unknown repercussions should they be released into nature. Evolution normally is self limiting and attempts at engineering cancer cures has led to killing the test subjects.

You do not know nor understand science and your claims are specious at best..
Old October 8th 18, 09:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:16:00 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 09:28:48 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

Where ever you have energy you will have lifeforms evolving to use that
energy.

Agreed.

This is the capital reason that we have do damn much natural
gas.

Explain please. Surely you're not sayng these microbes came up with the
released methane. Although the Russians might agree with you as they
calim we have infinite oil reserves.

If you do not understand my statements there's no reason I should explain it to you. As for your Russians BS - you do have a reference don't you?
Old October 8th 18, 09:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:31:18 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/3/2018 8:15 PM, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 09:28:48 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

Where ever you have energy you will have lifeforms evolving to use that
energy.

Agreed.

This is the capital reason that we have do damn much natural
gas.

Explain please. Surely you're not sayng these microbes came up with the
released methane. Although the Russians might agree with you as they
calim we have infinite oil reserves.

I don't know from methane but there is no compelling
explanation about what makes oil. At best we have some
theories (likely some conversion of organic plant material)
but proof is elusive so I can't say they are wrong.

https://www.livescience.com/9404-mys...upply-oil.html

https://www.equities.com/news/where-...ally-come-from

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oi...ssil-Fuel.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

The theoretical information is not very elusive. For instance - where does the majority of CO2 come from on the face of the earth? Around fossil fuel powerplants? Cities? Roadways? No, the most unexpected areas possible - the Brazilian and central African rainforests. While these areas generate the largest amount of O2 they also have MASSIVE amounts of plant matter dropping to the ground and decaying. However, it is not decaying as rapidly as it is being renewed and each year more and more of it is being buried below the levels where there is sufficient O2 to speed the decay and faster than the anaerobic bacteria can release the byproducts into the atmosphere. Over time it is likely that this gets buried so deeply that over time, one sort of anaerobic bacteria converts this to oil and another digests the oil and releases it as natural gas.

And then there is coal. Coal is far too widely and thickly occurring to be from rainforest activities (remember that rainforests are greatly effected by continental drift). This is likely to be the result of oceanic plankton dying and some of it reaching the great oceanic depths. There it is buried and reprocessed into coal and eventual continent building processes moves it closer to the surface and onto land. Remember that it isn't unusual to find oceanic fossils in coal beds.

So while any Russian theory that gasoline is always being generated, the human race can EASILY outrun the generation of such fields.
Old October 8th 18, 10:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 3:19:06 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
news18 wrote:
[...]

You just need to go scuba diving to know that plastic isn’t disappearing
from the oceans.

Much like the Gulf bacteria and biota which dissipated and converted the
oil:

No, "oil' has been around for millenia far longer than Homo sapiens have
infested the earth. So the bacteria that feed off it are nothing new, but
given the amount of oil spread around the globe, their numbers have
ballooned compared to ancient times.

https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/inve...sh-break-down-

oil-after-spill

https://ocean.si.edu/ecosystems/deep...eled-food-web-

after-gulf-oil-spill

Same old story, just basic food web dynamics where a pulse in the feed of
one organism usually creates a pulse in the predators for that species.

You just have to look at the dead sea life and birds washing up on the
beaches after a spill.

--
duane

Where do you go scuba diving more than 20 miles off-shore? So the only thing that you could know is that you can find freshly discarded plastic being washed out of storm drain systems and not having been there long enough for UV radiation to have broken the bonds that hold the plastic together.

As for oil spills, certainly they are toxic. But is it your position that oil companies spill oil purposely by carelessness? Or that they are common? Law suits holding oil companies responsible for clean-ups have handled that quite well. Remember that these spills occur on public lands and so the government can sue as well as citizen groups. And they certainly do not hesitate to do so.
Old October 8th 18, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 10:33:02 AM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/3/2018 9:31 PM, AMuzi wrote:
[...]

I remember reading about abiotic oil theories. In Sweden, they tried to
drill for such stuff - IIRC, drilling deep through hard rock. According
to this article, they eventually got 84 barrels.

https://www.forbes.com/2008/11/13/ab...l#7b4efacd3f9e

"Skeptics say that while traces of abiotic hydrocarbons may exist,
little data support the idea of economically meaningful deposits.
"Companies have been looking for oil for 100 years. If all this
abiogenic stuff is there, why haven't they found it?" asks geochemist
Geoffrey Glasby, who spent nine months investigating the matter for a
2006 review paper in Resource Geology. He concluded the totality of the
evidence did not support the concept."

--
- Frank Krygowski

The problem with this theory is that if this were the case you wouldn't find biological remains in the oil.
Old October 9th 18, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/8/2018 4:28 PM, wrote:

I have worked deeply in science since the mid-1070's. What are your credentials?

Yeah, but most medieval science isn't well accepted these days. Jeez,
that was even before phlogiston! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 9th 18, 07:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 13:38:55 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

You seem to be unaware of the amount of plastic manufactured in the
world since the 1960's and it's near undetectability in our natural
environment.

With that statement, you obviously don't get out much.

Please do not make silly claims such as, "they have only produced these
bacteria in the laboratories" when they are in fact trying to use DNA
engineering techniques to improve their efficiency with totally unknown
repercussions should they be released into nature.

Lol, your marvellous attrying to sound masterful by fud. Do you write
movie scripts or did that come fron a random plot gernerator.

Evolution normally is
self limiting and attempts at engineering cancer cures has led to
killing the test subjects.

Another random juxtaposition of factoids.

You do not know nor understand science and your claims are specious at
best.

Well enough to see through your tricks.
Old October 9th 18, 07:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 13:28:42 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

I have worked deeply in science since the mid-1070's. What are your
credentials?

Early 70's.

Old October 9th 18, 12:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
news18

On Mon, 08 Oct 2018 13:40:33 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:16:00 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 03 Oct 2018 09:28:48 -0700, sltom992 wrote:

Where ever you have energy you will have lifeforms evolving to use
that energy.

Agreed.

This is the capital reason that we have do damn much natural gas.

Explain please. Surely you're not sayng these microbes came up with the
released methane. Although the Russians might agree with you as they
calim we have infinite oil reserves.

If you do not understand my statements there's no reason I should
explain it to you. As for your Russians BS - you do have a reference
don't you?

Well, one has already been given to you, but here is another elementary
source.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abioge...troleum_origin.