should I stay or should I go?

Old May 15th 05, 06:15 PM

Old May 15th 05, 06:28 PM

Old May 15th 05, 06:38 PM

Relative Humidity 81%

Afternoon Forecast:

High of 13c
Scattered showers
Close to 1 mm
P.o.P. 40%
Humidity 67%

Should I risk a ride?

Yes. Maybe even deliberately head into those 20 km/h gusts.

Risk??

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old May 16th 05, 04:19 PM
1oki

"Tom Keats" wrote in message
In article ,
"1oki" writes:

Time: 13:00
Temp: 9c
Overcast
Pressu 101.02 kPa and rising
Winds: SW 20 km/h Gusts
Relative Humidity 81%

Afternoon Forecast:

High of 13c
Scattered showers
Close to 1 mm
P.o.P. 40%
Humidity 67%

Should I risk a ride?

Yes. Maybe even deliberately head into those 20 km/h gusts.

Risk??

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message

Go.

I went. Not a long tide; an hour twenty or so. I rode the trails along the
length of the river. It wasn't even that muddy considering the rain we've
had

Problem with this weather is that it's warm enough that sweat freely but
the cold damp, humid and windy enough that I get clammy.

Funny thing. I took gloves along. Didn't wear them but stuck the them in my
pocket just in case? Not expensive mind you - I never spend a lot on gloves
or sunglasses. I got cheap in the expectation I will lose or break them.

Anyways when I stop at the end of my ride out I realize I only have one
glove. I decide to retrace my route back instead of looping back by another
route so I can check for the missing glove. Sure enough in the parking lot
next to my place is the glove.

kismet
--
'I know you've deceived me, now here's a surprise
I know that you have 'cause there's magic in my eyes

Old May 16th 05, 05:06 PM
Bill Sornson

1oki wrote:
"1oki" writes:

Time: 13:00
Temp: 9c
Overcast
Pressu 101.02 kPa and rising
Winds: SW 20 km/h Gusts
Relative Humidity 81%

Afternoon Forecast:

High of 13c
Scattered showers
Close to 1 mm
P.o.P. 40%
Humidity 67%

Should I risk a ride?

I went. Not a long tide; an hour twenty or so. I rode the trails
along the length of the river. It wasn't even that muddy considering
the rain we've had

Your OP didn't mention off-road. Generally not good to ride in muddy
conditions, as it trashes the trail. (Some areas, obviously, are more
sensitive/fragile than others.)

Two Cents Bill