Better map service for cycling than Google Maps?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 20th 18, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Better map service for cycling than Google Maps?

The only Google service I used until recently was Googe maps. However,
now they have made the font so small that it has become almost
unreadable and to me, therefore, useless on any of my computers. From
what I read in online searches that cannot be corrected by the user
because it is supposedly rendered as graphics.

Open Street Map is lacking a lot of information. For example, the whole
long El Dorado Trail singletrack is missing. Yeah, one can edit that as
a user but I don't want to re-invent the wheel.

Mapquest isn't great either anymore. It auto-fills nonsensical stuff
into the search field and so on.

Those among you not using GPS, what do thee consult for cycling maps
outside these three main ones?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Google Maps [email protected] Techniques 0 April 3rd 16 01:47 PM
Tour on Google maps John Dean Racing 2 July 13th 08 02:16 PM
google maps petition Tom Anderson[_2_] UK 12 March 14th 08 09:52 PM
gps with google maps Simon Brooke UK 3 September 10th 05 10:19 AM
Google maps Paul A. Steckler General 8 August 1st 05 06:34 AM