"Comeback of a lifetime - clawed his way back"

Old July 20th 05, 06:50 PM
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:38 -0400, wrote:

Though it may be easy to say they're stupidly run, there's usually more to
it than that. Having said that, yeah, seems they were asleep today. ;-)

I can't imagine that they thought that moving Sevilla from 25 to 15 in
the GC was worth giving up the Team lead.

On the other hand, Johan knew what was going on because he had Sav and
Rubiera helping the breakaway.

At one point, TMO seemed to take up the challenge, but they seemed to
lose interest. I have no idea why. They're certainly not saving
themselves for anything.

The DISCO lead is slim, but there are only two days left before the
ITT and, without Kloden, TMO is probably going to lose some time to
DISCO on Saturday.

This is the dream Tour for Disco. Three stage wins (if you include
the TTT), Pop in white, Lance in yellow and (perhaps) the overall team
title. And, unless I miss my guess, Lance will win the ITT on
Saturday.
Old July 20th 05, 06:55 PM
Jack Hollis

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:24:56 +0200, "trg"
wrote:

I'm at a loss to explain how freaking stupid them that's running TMO
are.

You think they should have insisted that Klodi ride with a broken wrist so
they could preserve their best team classification?

No, I think they should have been in front of the peloton making sure
that two Disco riders didn't get over 20 minutes ahead. No doubt that
losing Kloden was a blow, but that's no reason to just lie down.
Old July 20th 05, 07:01 PM
juani

"Jack Hollis" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:38 -0400, wrote:

At one point, TMO seemed to take up the challenge, but they seemed to
lose interest. I have no idea why. They're certainly not saving
themselves for anything.

This is the answer:

"Mario Kummer was just interviewed on German TV about what T-Mobile
would do to defend their team classification lead. His answer: nothing.
They are not in a position to do anything about it - Klöden is out,
Kessler and Steinhauser are not feeling well, they simply don't have
the manpower for it."

Old July 20th 05, 07:56 PM
Jet

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:01:11 GMT, "juani" wrote:

"Jack Hollis" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:38 -0400, wrote:

At one point, TMO seemed to take up the challenge, but they seemed to
lose interest. I have no idea why. They're certainly not saving
themselves for anything.

This is the answer:

"Mario Kummer was just interviewed on German TV about what T-Mobile
would do to defend their team classification lead. His answer: nothing.
They are not in a position to do anything about it - Klöden is out,
Kessler and Steinhauser are not feeling well, they simply don't have
the manpower for it."

I feel for T-Mobile. They're come off as a bunch of very sincere,
unpretentious, hard-working guys. If you get a chance catch Höllentour
(http://imdb.com/title/tt0411498/), and see for yourself. They're certainly
not a big operation like DC, so the highs and lows are more pronounced, I
think. Oh well - that's bike racing.

jj

Old July 20th 05, 08:05 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:56:25 -0400, wrote:

I feel for T-Mobile. They're come off as a bunch of very sincere,
unpretentious, hard-working guys. If you get a chance catch Höllentour
(http://imdb.com/title/tt0411498/), and see for yourself. They're certainly
not a big operation like DC,

???? Not a big operation like Discovery Channel? What does that mean?
T-Mobile is a very big budget, sophisticated team operating multiple
program on a large scale, in contention in major classics and tours
with multiple high-level riders..

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old July 20th 05, 08:17 PM
Jet

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:05:38 -0400, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:56:25 -0400, wrote:

I feel for T-Mobile. They're come off as a bunch of very sincere,
unpretentious, hard-working guys. If you get a chance catch Höllentour
(http://imdb.com/title/tt0411498/), and see for yourself. They're certainly
not a big operation like DC,

???? Not a big operation like Discovery Channel? What does that mean?
T-Mobile is a very big budget, sophisticated team operating multiple
program on a large scale, in contention in major classics and tours
with multiple high-level riders..

JT

I stand corrected. Maybe it's that the movie gives the impression of a
smaller, close-knit team, emphasizing things from Dieter Ruthenberg's
perspective much of the time. Thanks.

jj

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************

Old July 20th 05, 08:27 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:50:37 -0400, Jack Hollis wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:38 -0400, wrote:
Though it may be easy to say they're stupidly run, there's usually more to
it than that. Having said that, yeah, seems they were asleep today. ;-)

I can't imagine that they thought that moving Sevilla from 25 to 15 in
the GC was worth giving up the Team lead.

The team classification is not very important to northern European teams.
They were probably a bit miffed when they saw 2 DSC and 1 TMO in the
break, but not worth killing the team for in chasing.

--
Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/
Old July 20th 05, 08:50 PM
Mike2

Ewoud Dronkert wrote in
:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 13:50:37 -0400, Jack Hollis wrote:
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:45:38 -0400, wrote:
Though it may be easy to say they're stupidly run, there's usually
more to it than that. Having said that, yeah, seems they were asleep
today. ;-)

I can't imagine that they thought that moving Sevilla from 25 to 15
in the GC was worth giving up the Team lead.

The team classification is not very important to northern European
teams. They were probably a bit miffed when they saw 2 DSC and 1 TMO
in the break, but not worth killing the team for in chasing.

The team classification is perhaps not very important going into the event,
but at this point it could well be all they'll have to show for their
efforts at the end of the race.

It'd surely make the sponsors happy to have a few publicity photos of their
team of "winners."
Old July 20th 05, 10:21 PM
Mark Janeba

wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:56:25 -0400, wrote:

I feel for T-Mobile. They're come off as a bunch of very sincere,
unpretentious, hard-working guys. If you get a chance catch Höllentour
(http://imdb.com/title/tt0411498/), and see for yourself. They're certainly
not a big operation like DC,

???? Not a big operation like Discovery Channel? What does that mean?
T-Mobile is a very big budget, sophisticated team operating multiple
program on a large scale, in contention in major classics and tours
with multiple high-level riders..

JT

I stand corrected. Maybe it's that the movie gives the impression of a
smaller, close-knit team, emphasizing things from Dieter Ruthenberg's
perspective much of the time. Thanks.

From the VeloNews TdF Guide:

T-Mobile 2005 budget: $23.3 million
Discovery channel:$15 million

The figures probably don't tell all there is, but still...

Mark

Old July 20th 05, 11:02 PM
k.papai

"T-Mobile 2005 budget: $23.3 million
Discovery channel:$15 million

"The figures probably don't tell all there is, but still... "

Team Mastercard: F-ing Priceless.

-Ken

Stealing back my bike Mike Kruger General 3 June 23rd 05 06:49 AM
A Journey to the Birthplace of the Bicycle Simon Brooke UK 3 May 3rd 05 09:19 AM
Journey from the End of the World Simon Brooke UK 3 February 15th 05 08:09 AM
Oh my aching back Grumpy Techniques 19 August 15th 04 11:33 PM
Lower back pains Jiyang Chen General 7 July 28th 03 01:10 PM