Ride for me, Maggie.

Old November 14th 04, 11:18 PM
Pat

Default Ride for me, Maggie.

Here's some motivation: get out there and ride for me. I can't ride because
I had surgery on Thursday. I want to ride, I yearn to ride, I dream about
riding a bike! Get out there and ride your bike while you can!

Pat in TX

Old November 15th 04, 04:05 AM
Neil Brooks

Pat wrote:
Here's some motivation: get out there and ride for me. I can't ride
because I had surgery on Thursday. I want to ride, I yearn to ride, I
dream about riding a bike! Get out there and ride your bike while you
can!

Pat in TX

I knocked off 75 looong miles to mom's house on Friday, Pat. Half of 'em
were yours.

Nice job . . . especially on that last uphill grind in your 24t/34t. You
were an animal!

Rest easy, heal fast, and get back on the road as soon as you can.

Neil

Old November 15th 04, 12:22 PM
Maggie

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message om...
Pat wrote:
Here's some motivation: get out there and ride for me. I can't ride
because I had surgery on Thursday. I want to ride, I yearn to ride, I
dream about riding a bike! Get out there and ride your bike while you
can!

Pat in TX

I knocked off 75 looong miles to mom's house on Friday, Pat. Half of 'em
were yours.

Nice job . . . especially on that last uphill grind in your 24t/34t. You
were an animal!

Rest easy, heal fast, and get back on the road as soon as you can.

Neil

WOW....Pat...that was some ride. I wish you a speedy recovery. I hope
you are back on your bike soon and when you go to sleep each night
while recovering, I wish you sweet dreams of riding. Be well.
Sending good vibes your way.

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

Old November 15th 04, 02:03 PM
Beverly

"Neil Brooks" wrote in message
news
Pat wrote:
Here's some motivation: get out there and ride for me. I can't ride
because I had surgery on Thursday. I want to ride, I yearn to ride, I
dream about riding a bike! Get out there and ride your bike while you
can!

Pat in TX

I knocked off 75 looong miles to mom's house on Friday, Pat. Half of 'em
were yours.

Nice job . . . especially on that last uphill grind in your 24t/34t. You
were an animal!

Rest easy, heal fast, and get back on the road as soon as you can.

Neil

Hope your recovery is quick, Pat. I didn't do anything close to Neil's ride
but I'll give you all my 8 miles on the hills where I've been practicing
climbing.

Hope to see you back on the bike soon.

Beverly

Old November 16th 04, 03:05 AM
Pat

:
: Nice job . . . especially on that last uphill grind in your 24t/34t. You
: were an animal!
:
: Rest easy, heal fast, and get back on the road as soon as you can.
:
: Neil

I'm touched--i really am. i was going thru one of those "feeling sorry for
myself" moments. in my mind, it has been 4 days now, and i ought to be
feeling a LOT better than i do. how long it takes for a repaired rotator
cuff to heal, i dunno, but i don't have a great deal of patience. i see the
doc on the 22nd, and he had better have some good news for a change! (a good
night's sleep would be cool, too.)

Pat in TX

Old November 16th 04, 03:16 AM
Pat

: WOW....Pat...that was some ride. I wish you a speedy recovery. I hope
: you are back on your bike soon and when you go to sleep each night
: while recovering, I wish you sweet dreams of riding. Be well.
: Sending good vibes your way.

thanks for the kind words. i am feeling a bit cranky these days. the way i
see it, what you are really asking in your posts is this: is this IT? is
this going to be THE "exercise" that i can at long last stick with? is this
going to last or fade like all the other things i have tried in the last 20
years?

and the answer is-------yes, this is IT. stop worrying and let yourself go
with the flow. we all here know a secret and we are sharing it with you.
this is the real thing you've been looking for. recover your childish
enthusiasm for riding a bike; you'll be the better for it in many ways.

pat in TX

Old November 16th 04, 07:55 AM
B i l l S o r n s o n

Pat wrote:

in my mind, it has been 4 days now, and i
ought to be feeling a LOT better than i do. how long it takes for a
repaired rotator cuff to heal

When I had RC surgery, the doc /implied/ that I'd be off my mountain bike
for three months. I took my first ride 6 weeks to the day, and quickly was
back to my normal schedule.

If I'd been a roadie back then, I'd probably have been back in saddle in ~4
weeks.

DO YOUR RANGE OF MOTION EXERCISES!!!

It gets better pretty quickly after initial recovery period (pain and
stiffness).

Best of luck!
--
BS (no, really )

Old November 16th 04, 07:37 PM
Pat

:
: DO YOUR RANGE OF MOTION EXERCISES!!!
:
: It gets better pretty quickly after initial recovery period (pain and
: stiffness).
:
: Best of luck!
: --
: BS (no, really )

What gets me is that this doc's practice is called "sports medicine" and yet
I get a sheet of exercises written for a life-long couch potato; i.e., the
minimum expected! The hell with that! I want the maximum I can do, not the
minimum I "must" do! Tell me (doc) what i can do without hurting
myself---how far can I go? can I try to lift my arm above my shoulder? can I
do the wall walking exercises with my fingers? can I type on the computer?
why or why not? And yet, all he gives me is this single sheet of exercises
making my fingers go around in circles. It's frustrating! I'm all doped up
and ready to rehab!

Pat in TX
:
:

Old November 16th 04, 11:58 PM
Bill Baka

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:37:38 -0600, Pat wrote:

:
[...]

Do all you can do but work up to it just like they say. I tried doing
pullups like I was 15 again and wound up pulling a very sore (now) muscle
in my back. Just because I could do them with one arm in high school
didn't mean much 40 years later. It is a little harder to hurt yourself on
a bike but you could (maybe) pull a quad or something by trying too hard
too fast. Once your heart and lungs are in shape and your weight comes
down you should be able to go right on up to the ambition/pain threshold.
I now have a max heart rate that would do a 30 year old proud and never
get out of breath but my legs/pain/ambition limit me. I went riding on
Monday and had to hold my breath for about 30 seconds after a cattle truck
passed me by and wafted all the dust and cattle poop in my face. I think I
turned blue but it was better than breathing at the time. Just do it. That
is pretty much the motto around here.
Go for it.
If you catch the above mentioned 'IT' let us know.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka