Mountain Biker Knocked Unconscious, Rescued From S. Knoxville Park

Old June 12th 07, 02:31 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Mountain Biker Knocked Unconscious, Rescued From S. Knoxville Park

So much for the alleged health benefits of mountain bikiing!

Mike

http://www.volunteertv.com/home/headlines/7929252.html

Mountain Biker Rescued From S. Knoxville Park
Last Updated: 7:27 PM Jun 10, 2007
Knoxville (WVLT) -- A boat was called into the I. C. King Park in
South Knoxville to rescue a mountain biker.

Knoxville fire crews were called to the park when the biker fell off
his bike and was knocked unconscious on one of the park's trails.

The victim was not breathing when crews got there and rescuers began
CPR.

"When we initially got here we didn't have transportation back in
there. So we started walking and they said it was about a mile, well
one mile turned into three miles and by the time we got in there we
realized we were so far back in there that we couldn't possibly bring
him out on a backboard," said Stan Ingle, Knoxville Fire Chief.

The biker was taken to UT Medical Center.

His companion told the rescue crew that he was in shape but had not
been on a bike in over a year.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 12th 07, 03:06 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Chris[_2_]

Mike Vandeman wrote in
:

So much for the alleged health benefits of mountain bikiing!

Mike

So much for the alleged intelligence of PhD graduates

Chris

Old June 12th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Charlie Maxwell

Default PHd = Piled Higher and Deeper

So much for the alleged intelligence benefits of a PHd.

Get a life mikey.

Cheers!
Charlie Maxwell

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
[...]

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

Old June 12th 07, 10:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

On Jun 11, 6:31 pm, Mike Vandeman wrote:
[...]

Here this is the first time in probably 10 years that I've checked
back into here and Mike Vandeman is STILL here and still completely
clueless. I suppose the good thing about all this is that he is
probably getting close to the end of his useful lifespan and will be
in an assisted living community shortly without internet access.