Apologies to group NBC

Old November 9th 04, 11:54 PM
dgk

Default Apologies to group NBC

I recently posted a political message with a heading that began NBC:.
In another group that I frequent (rec.music.artists.springsteen) that
is the polite way of informing people that a post contains No Bruce
Content. As you can likely imagine, that has become a very political
group lately.

I thought that it would be thoughtful to post the NBC: here so that
folks could simply bypass it. I figured that NBC could also mean No
Bicycle Content. In RMAS, some people filter on the NBC: to completely
ignore non-topic posts. Of course, in RMAS, political posts ARE on
topic.

There was never any intent on my part to imply that the network NBC
had anything to do with the content of that post. I never even thought
of NBC as the network when I posted it. My sincerest apologies to
anyone who took it that way.
Old November 10th 04, 12:23 AM
psycholist

"dgk" wrote in message
I recently posted a political message with a heading that began NBC:.
In another group that I frequent (rec.music.artists.springsteen) that
is the polite way of informing people that a post contains No Bruce
Content. As you can likely imagine, that has become a very political
group lately.

I thought that it would be thoughtful to post the NBC: here so that
folks could simply bypass it. I figured that NBC could also mean No
Bicycle Content. In RMAS, some people filter on the NBC: to completely
ignore non-topic posts. Of course, in RMAS, political posts ARE on
topic.

There was never any intent on my part to imply that the network NBC
had anything to do with the content of that post. I never even thought
of NBC as the network when I posted it. My sincerest apologies to
anyone who took it that way.

Classy, dgk. As I was one who was most "vocal" in calling you on it, I'll
chime in and say that I accept your apology. And you've revealed the narrow
focus of my newsgroup participation. I don't know the conventions of the
rest of the newsgroup world. Pardon my ignorance.

Peace.

Bob C.

Old November 10th 04, 12:23 AM
Frank Krygowski

dgk wrote:

I recently posted a political message with a heading that began NBC:.
In another group that I frequent (rec.music.artists.springsteen) that
is the polite way of informing people that a post contains No Bruce
Content. As you can likely imagine, that has become a very political
group lately.

I thought that it would be thoughtful to post the NBC: here so that
folks could simply bypass it. I figured that NBC could also mean No
Bicycle Content. In RMAS, some people filter on the NBC: to completely
ignore non-topic posts. Of course, in RMAS, political posts ARE on
topic.

There was never any intent on my part to imply that the network NBC
had anything to do with the content of that post. I never even thought
of NBC as the network when I posted it. My sincerest apologies to
anyone who took it that way.

No problem. (I wondered what "NBC" had to do with the post!)

And your apology was very gentlemanly. Well done.

--
Frank Krygowski [To reply, remove rodent and vegetable dot com.
Substitute cc dot ysu dot

Old November 10th 04, 02:33 AM
Zoot Katz

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:54:33 GMT,
, dgk
wrote:

I recently posted a political message with a heading that began NBC:.
In another group that I frequent (rec.music.artists.springsteen) that
is the polite way of informing people that a post contains No Bruce
Content. As you can likely imagine, that has become a very political
group lately.

I thought that it would be thoughtful to post the NBC: here so that
folks could simply bypass it. I figured that NBC could also mean No
Bicycle Content.

Subject: "NRC - Kerry really won"

No Recreational Content
--
zk
Old November 10th 04, 02:36 AM
RWM

"dgk" wrote in message
I recently posted a political message with a heading that began NBC:.
In another group that I frequent (rec.music.artists.springsteen) that
is the polite way of informing people that a post contains No Bruce
Content. As you can likely imagine, that has become a very political
group lately.

I thought that it would be thoughtful to post the NBC: here so that
folks could simply bypass it. I figured that NBC could also mean No
Bicycle Content. In RMAS, some people filter on the NBC: to completely
ignore non-topic posts. Of course, in RMAS, political posts ARE on
topic.

There was never any intent on my part to imply that the network NBC
had anything to do with the content of that post. I never even thought
of NBC as the network when I posted it. My sincerest apologies to
anyone who took it that way.

Cool, what is the action like in the Bruce group? Do people try for the
most obscure screen names?

Old November 10th 04, 07:27 AM
Cheto

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message

No Recreational Content

I think you mean, "No Reality Content".

Cheto

Old November 10th 04, 02:09 PM
dgk

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 18:36:38 -0800, "RWM" wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

There has been an amazing fight between folks who love that
Springsteen went to bat for Kerry and those who are angry and vow not
to go to another concert. I suspect that it won't die down for some
time.

I never noticed much different about the screen names; some contain
song references that can be a bit obscure, yes.

Old November 10th 04, 02:10 PM
Mark Hickey

"Cheto" wrote:

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message

No Recreational Content

I think you mean, "No Reality Content".

He thought it meant "National Republican Conspiracy". I suppose he's
right - it was (with 59 million conspirators). ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old November 10th 04, 11:49 PM
Jym Dyer

=v= Yeah, it shoulda been MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6442857/

_Jym_
Old November 10th 04, 11:50 PM
Jym Dyer

He thought it meant "National Republican Conspiracy". I
suppose he's right - it was (with 59 million conspirators).
;-)

=v= 59 million? Oh sure, that's what they *want* you to believe.
_Jym_
(Nukular Regulatory Commission)