Your web sites

Old November 16th 04, 03:48 PM
Bill Baka

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:01:17 -0600, Jeff Starr wrote:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:17:08 -0800, Bill Baka wrote:

web site potential. I am gradually getting her set up and I have friends
that need help with wetting up both a web site and E-bay acoounts,
which need a web site so they can link to pictures.

Bill Baka

You don't need a website to post pictures on Ebay. Their fee for
placing pics is quite reasonable.
I just wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, that they need a
website to sell on Ebay, because you don't.
Getting started on Ebay, is not complicated.

Life is Good!
Jeff

There's that word, 'fee'. My 15 megs comes with my account and I don't
have to pay a fee. You do need to know a little UNIX to do it, but
only a small amount. Easier than learning DOS from scratch but I
don't know how many people here have grown up with Windows. We use
Windows but ISP servers mostly use UNIX or LINUX. Besides, with Ebay
if you start paying too many charges for listing, hosting, etc., you
have to be selling stuff at a fair profit unless you just want the
stuff to have a good home.
Maybe just because I am a techie, but I like knowing more that one
operating system. I miss OS/2.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka
Old November 16th 04, 06:03 PM
Jeff Starr

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:48:03 -0800, Bill Baka
wrote:

There's that word, 'fee'.

Bill, it costs $.75 to put in 6 pictures. I have bought and sold often
enough on Ebay and I certainly don't like to have to click on links,
to see an item. Sometimes, being cheap, ends up costing you.

Life is Good!
Jeff
Old November 16th 04, 10:48 PM
Bill Baka

wrote:

There's that word, 'fee'.

Bill, it costs $.75 to put in 6 pictures. I have bought and sold often
enough on Ebay and I certainly don't like to have to click on links,
to see an item. Sometimes, being cheap, ends up costing you.

Life is Good!
Jeff

I have an active Ebay account and all you have to do is put in a reference
to your site via imgsrc=http;//...... If you are feeling gung ho you can
point to a mini page within your own site so Ebay has a minimal amount of
stuff. I take the middle ground and put the html on Ebay and point to the
pictures on my site. One word of caution is that if you have a full sized
jpeg image and try to display it as a thumbnail it will transfer the whole
thing 200K or whatever and then dynamically downsize it bye the computer
on the receiving end. I have a whole bunch of national geographics to sell
and I don't expect to get enough to justify even the $.75. Maybe for some
of my spare crank sets that I bought too many of a few years back, but not
the books.

--
Bill (not always politically correct) Baka