Cork handgrips

Old July 28th 08, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Default Cork handgrips

I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone who
sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the roadster.
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!
Today is Second Oneiros, July.
Old July 28th 08, 04:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

David Damerell wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone who
sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the roadster.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25848 assuming
you mean bar tape.

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old July 28th 08, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:42:18 +0100
Brian G wrote:

David Damerell wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone
who sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the
roadster.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25848
assuming you mean bar tape.

As he said roadster it's much more likely he's looking for something
like this
http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...ain+Grips.aspx

Old July 28th 08, 06:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Rob Morley :
Brian G wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone
who sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the
roadster.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25848
assuming you mean bar tape.

As he said roadster

And, indeed, as I said "handgrip". :-)

You (Rob Morley) are entirely correct about what I am looking for.
Rivendell have 'em, but I'd prefer a UK supplier if possible.
Old July 28th 08, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brian G

David Damerell wrote:
Quoting Rob Morley :
Brian G wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone
who sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the
roadster.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25848
assuming you mean bar tape.

As he said roadster

And, indeed, as I said "handgrip". :-)

You (Rob Morley) are entirely correct about what I am looking for.
Rivendell have 'em, but I'd prefer a UK supplier if possible.

Then could these be in any way adapted?
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/cid/7SRAS...pair-12153.htm

--
Brian G
www.wetwo.co.uk
Old July 28th 08, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Thomson

"David Damerell" a écrit:

I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know
anyone who sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones
on the roadster.

Hubjub:

http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/etc.htm

They're "restocking shortly", if you're not in a hurry.

James Thomson

Old July 28th 08, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Brian G :
Then could these be in any way adapted?
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/cid/7SRAS...pair-12153.htm

Aha! A little Google finds me someone who sells unlopsided grips from the
same supplier (Sonic Cycles), so I now have two possibles. Thanks, urc.
Old July 28th 08, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Finlay Mackay

On 2008-07-28, David Damerell wrote:
Quoting Rob Morley :
Brian G wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone
who sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the
roadster.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/M...?ModelID=25848
assuming you mean bar tape.

As he said roadster

And, indeed, as I said "handgrip". :-)

You (Rob Morley) are entirely correct about what I am looking for.
Rivendell have 'em, but I'd prefer a UK supplier if possible.

http://www.hubjub.co.uk/etc/etc.htm#gr

"restocking shortly"

They get grubby very quickly, you can clean them with sandpaper or shellac
them, or you could buy pre-shellaced ones from

http://www.velo-orange.com/shcogr.html

(not in the uk, but without Rivendell's[1] $50 flat rate shipping charge)

cheers

Finlay

[1] Bandits of Bywater?
Old July 29th 08, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

On Jul 28, 4:06*pm, David Damerell
wrote:
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone who
sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the roadster.
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!
Today is Second Oneiros, July.

Or even leather...?

http://www.ukbikestore.co.uk/Product...ripsHoney.html
Old July 29th 08, 08:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Duncan Smith :
On Jul 28, 4:06=A0pm, David Damerell
I know cork handgrips are still made - but does anyone know anyone who
sells them? I'm getting bored of the plastic ones on the roadster.

Or even leather...?

Nah. After the responses here, I've written to Hubjub to ask how soon
"soon" is...
--
David Damerell Kill the tomato!
Today is Second Mania, July.