Coker Big One vs. Coker V2

Old September 25th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
diymike

Default Coker Big One vs. Coker V2

Right! I had forgotten! I'm a security freak (spent $160 for a chain to
lock up my laptop case), so that's a big deal.

--
diymike
Old September 25th 08, 06:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

The v2 might be better if you want to add saddle bags for touring. I
could see bolting a u shaped piece of alum to the two tubes on each
side, going around the wheel in back, and using that to mount a plastic
fender. Then soft bags could be draped over that.

--
feel the light
Old September 25th 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

No one with the big one frame has said that they feel it is flexy. So no
problems there. Other than supposed stiffness, the V2 offers no
advantages.

$100 extra for a stupid looking frame is silly. You can lock up all the
really expensive parts of a coker (the wheel) very easily. John was
basically being nice about the V2 - it has no obvious advantages at all
except if you like what it looks like. It's basically like a $100 fluffy
dice.

On the flat, frame weight makes little difference - although I did
reduce the weight on my 29er by 800g or so and it is noticeable - I'd
expect the difference between the V2 and Big One to be perceptible (in
a bad way). On hills it might make a bit of a difference, and going up
kerbs it does certainly make a difference.

Joe

--
joemarshall

' old pics' (http://tinyurl.com/56yl2f) 'new zealand pics'
(http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rshall_photos/) 'new
pics' (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/joemarshall.org.uk)
'Where have I been riding? (GPS) ' (http://tinyurl.com/6fxw5x)
Old September 25th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
feel the light

I sorta agree with what everyone has said. The idea of multi day touring
makes the v2 look good to me. Rigging saddle bags in the back that could
hold light yet bulky stuff. A rain suit, tiny sleeping bag and tent. 5
lbs of fluff in back, balanced by 5 lbs of heavier stuff in front.

I think fitting rear saddle bags on the v2 is not so hard. Bonding all
that weight at a sharp right angle to a single tube frame would be
failure prone.

So the v2 will become popular in the touring niche IMHO.

--
feel the light
Old September 25th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

joemarshall wrote:

On the flat, frame weight makes little difference

Joe

Unless you're riding into a strong headwind!

--
MuniAddict

'UniGeezer.com' (http://unigeezer.com/)
Old September 25th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Munivision

I have owned and ridden both. The V2 is heavier, but rides smoother on
flats and downhills, more comfy ride. The Big one is lighter, turns
better and is an advantage on the uphills. I had both and chose the
bigone for RTL and have since sold the V2. I miss it though because it
was cool and has the best brake mounting set up!

--
Munivision

Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right!