Lance and Jan a outsider chances of winning this years tdf..........???

Old May 25th 05, 11:18 PM
Morten Reippuert Knudsen

routebeer wrote:

In 1996 it was just a matter of the most doped up rider winning.

no it was the best of the doped up riders (all of them)

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :-) http://blog.reippuert.dk

PowerMac G5: 1.6GHz, 1.25GB RAM, 300+80GB Disk, 8xDVD+/-RW, Bluetooth
mus+tastatur, R9600Pro, iSight, eyeTV200 & LaCie Photon18Vision TFT
Old May 26th 05, 03:44 AM
Chris M

Damn, I have not heard a remark so lackin in thought and knowledge
since the California recall election. So, the logic you have is that
Riis (who had already placed top 10 at least twice that I recall)
decided to increase his dose or that Indurain titrated down (or both)?
Only a retard would think that not only can dope make the difference
between a winner and a loser but the precise dose correct for 5 years
running but "out-doped" that year) can send a 5 time champion back to
12th place.

Please tell me more. I gotta hear more! I bet you even think you
spelled your favorite soda correctly.

Old May 26th 05, 09:40 AM
Donald Munro

routebeer wrote:
In 1996 it was just a matter of the most doped up rider winning. It
had less to do with talent, will to win, and all that other worthless
crap.

Chris M wrote:
Damn, I have not heard a remark so lackin in thought and knowledge
since the California recall election.

He was cloned from one of Lafferties stem cells.

Old May 26th 05, 05:40 PM

trg wrote:

If Lance were looking for a class way to bow out of the sport (and team),
he'd use himself as a decoy and then bury himself to get a team mate to take
the yellow, Popovich most likely (or Savoldelli, or Azevedo). Adding a 7th
tour victory won't much change the way history and the public views him. But
handing off to a teammate will be talked about even more and is a way to pay
back to the team that's won him the first six.

Sure, and this is so common among the five-time winners club.
Hinault, for example.

Old May 26th 05, 08:53 PM

trg wrote:
a =E9crit dans le message de news:

| Sure, and this is so common among the five-time winners club.
| Hinault, for example.

What's the five-time winners club got to do with it? Lance is in a club of
his own now. He doesn't have to worry about that **** anymore. That's so
2004 dude.

In terms of virtual tours, LANCE has a lot of work to do:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...3d7ea624fc5e1=
fa?hl=3Den

Old June 4th 05, 12:29 AM

Lance and Jan are far from finished, just off form...

Old June 4th 05, 04:47 PM
Chris M

I am glad the Lance years are almost over. Maybe now we won' t have
more experts than fans like it was (sort of) prior to the popular
comeback kid's annual romps through France.