Gaumont Book On Julich

Old June 3rd 05, 06:21 PM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

Rinero, Julich, and Desbiens, they were never very good after 1998,
except for Julich now that he's with Riis.

Ya know, when you can't make money racing anymore you might as well make
some money with a scandalous book. It's pretty easy to cast aspersions on
Gaumont.

Old June 4th 05, 09:18 PM

Henry is right, it's just common sense.
you think teams still take a cut of the prize money each year to
buy dope?
you think they pay a team doctor to come up with a doping schedule
for the entire team, with logs and journals?
that is organized doping, like Festina in 98. It's over.
I don't any multi-million dollar team is doing that anymore, too risky.

Just like the old days the teams expect riders now to "take care of
themselves"
A few dudes on the same team using the same supplier isn't the same
thing.
It was a 92-98 thing.

Old June 5th 05, 01:01 AM
trg

a écrit dans le message de
oups.com...
Henry is right, it's just common sense.
you think teams still take a cut of the prize money each year to
buy dope?
you think they pay a team doctor to come up with a doping schedule
for the entire team, with logs and journals?
that is organized doping, like Festina in 98. It's over.
I don't any multi-million dollar team is doing that anymore, too risky.

Just like the old days the teams expect riders now to "take care of
themselves"
A few dudes on the same team using the same supplier isn't the same
thing.
It was a 92-98 thing.

So you're saying then that team sponsored/organized doping doesn't exist
anymore??? Well, that undercuts your earlier insinuation and lets Riis and
CSC off the hook, then.

Old June 5th 05, 11:18 AM
davidof

Philip W. Moore, Jr. wrote:
Ya know, when you can't make money racing anymore you might as well make
some money with a scandalous book.

Gaumont fait son cinéma!
Old June 6th 05, 06:36 AM
Chris M

I don't want to get in the middle of this but Julich went to (the
French team) CA before he left for the German team. I suppose if Julich
was worried about that "crackdown" he could have left the country
sooner than what, 2002? Funny he went from the top American in 1998 to
a wannabe domestique. I don't mean a domestique that wanted to be more,
I mean someone that wanted to be good enough to race next to his old
pal Kevin Livingston as a domestique. Along those line, imagine how
funny all of those "betrayal" stories would have been of 2 Cofidis
Americans tried to help dethrone the King (that would be Sir
Lance-alot).

Carry on.

Book Philippe Gaumont seems interesting Kenny Racing 3 June 2nd 05 05:10 PM
huge book on spokes [email protected] Techniques 17 May 8th 05 10:12 PM
Julich on Grewal RLBeldon Racing 6 August 19th 04 02:30 PM
BiGHA Comments NiCK Recumbent Biking 271 December 2nd 03 09:58 AM