Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Old March 14th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Critchfield

Default Unicyclists of Virginia (UniVA)

Joey,
If we get enough hockey players, I'll chip in for the gym fee. Between John
and I we have eight hockey sticks.

Dave

"joejumps4fun" .com wrote
in message
news:bd68ad5ef0feec9162ecf30999b4601d.367wuq@NoEma il.Message.Poster.at.Unicy
clist.com...

VA / DC / MD riders, don't forget:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8554/unifredzv5.png

I know you guys from MD were talking about a monthly meet to do some
unicycle hockey and ride around D.C. I also know some of you are
interested in attending the UniFred this April. If you want to do some
hockey, I can reserve a gym for us on that day. It will cost $20, so
if you guys want to chip in, I'll cover the first $10. Let me know if
you will be attending this super awesome all day unicycle event!! Be
sure you see the flyer in the link and pass it on to all the local
unicyclists you know.

Next meet after this one, we'll definitely ride in D.C.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com

Old March 14th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

joey i'm going to be riding street this coming sunday in downtown
richmond. you welcome to come if you want. it's usually me and a couple
of my friends that skateboard. just let me know and we'll set up a
place to meet and i'll give you some directions.

edit: on a completely unrelated not from ^ above. i was riding muni on
belle isle last night and appareently somebody had a pretty big wreck
on the big hill on the front side of the island(it's the one you can
see with all the rocks when you first come off the bridge) and they've
closed that trail down. it made me sad, but they added a bunch of rocks
to it so in reality now it's just a different kind of trail. with some
trialsy stuff to it.

--
unirox13

It Takes Twice The man To Ride Half The Bike!
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

If you plan on attending the UniFred this April 19th (Unicycle
Fredericksburg event)...please let me know as soon as possible so I can
determine wether or not I need to reserve the gym for us to play
unicycle hockey!! We have 8 hockey sticks!!

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unirox13

joejumps4fun wrote:
If you plan on attending the UniFred this April 19th (Unicycle
Fredericksburg event)...please let me know as soon as possible so I can
determine wether or not I need to reserve the gym for us to play
unicycle hockey!! We have 8 hockey sticks!!

there is a good chance that i'm going to come up there but no
guarantee. if i do come though im probably not going to play hockey i
dont have a unicycle with plastic pedals. nor would i be to interested
in playing

Old March 14th 08, 10:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hell-on-wheel

Dang I really feel out of the loop. I haven't been on a uni since I
started this 9-5er 2 months ago. I'll be out of town from April 19-27,
so no Baker's Dozen. Nova Max, what weekend were you planning the
Belle Isle ride for?

--
hell-on-wheel

"...or the confluence of rare meteorological phenomena."
-George Peck
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 14th 08, 11:07 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
maximus unius

hell-on-wheel wrote:
Nova Max, what weekend were you planning the Belle Isle ride for?

Eh, I'm kinda undecided about a date right now. I originally wanted it
to be late April cause Seamus probably would have come, but 19th is
taken, and I have something on the 26th. In May I can't do anything til
the 24th and 25th. So it's looking like either April 12 and 13 or May
24 and 25.

I'm gonna make the thread soon and just give everyone the choice so we
can get the most people.

--
maximus unius
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 19th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

I'm not sure if the March of Dimes is on April 19th or not...my wife
said otherwise but Dave C. said it was on April 19th. At any rate, if
you want to ride with us in Fredericksburg VA on Saturday of 4/19/08,
please RSVP.

I need to know who is coming because we need AT LEAST 2 teams of 3 to
play unicycle hockey. Dave won't bring his equipment for unihockey
unless we get this many people, plus I need to know so I can reserve
the gym for us, which is coming out of mine and Dave's pocket ($).

Also, because my wife scheduled a house warming party (for our new
home), I might have to end the day by 4PM (
MAYBEEEEE.... ) but if we start early, we should have plenty
of time to ride for the day. I realize people are coming from OUT OF
STATE to this event...and since it is our first "annual"
Unicycle-Fredericksburg (UniFred) event, I want to make the most of
it.

Please pass this event info along to other local unicyclists and
contact me if you have questions. So far, we have a few "maybes" for
attendees.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 20th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Critchfield

The March of Dimes is definitely April 19th. Check out their site at

http://www.marchofdimes.com/virginia/9902_28372.asp

It is on different days in different cities, but F'burg is on the 19th.

"joejumps4fun" .com wrote
in message
news:c5aeff7f4d0ada20b651a573ab0fdcaa.36iy2o@NoEma il.Message.Poster.at.Unicy
clist.com...

Old March 23rd 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Thanks for clearing that up , Dave. I have confirmation from Joe
Levesque that he and Matthew Bishop will definitely be coming and
possibly his friend Nick. Since it looks like we'll have enough
players, I will reserve the gym for uni-hockey.

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*
www.geocities.com/jneigh4
www.youtube.com/jneigh
http://www.usenet.com
Old March 23rd 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

So far people I think will be coming on April 19th:

Joey Neigh (myself) - definitely
Jono (my cousin) - possibly
Dave Critchfield - definitely
Johnny Jones - not sure
Joe L. from MD - definitely
Matt Bishop from MD - definitely
Max (maximus unius) from Fairfax - not sure
unirox (Ryan? from Richmond) - possibly, not sure

any others???

--
joejumps4fun

~*Joey*