The Cycle gods are smiling today in Melbourne

Old June 4th 04, 08:15 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default The Cycle gods are smiling today in Melbourne

ritcho wrote:
(BIG SNIP)

BTW, hanging around the transition area on the morning of the race is
fun - listen out for the odd BANG as a few too many psi find their way
into, and then rapidly out of race tyres...

--

Not sure which event it was last year, either Noosa Tri or the December
Bribie Island Tri, the organisers put a call over for the "owner of a

Old June 4th 04, 08:30 AM
DRS

"flyingdutch" wrote in message

I'll bet they're not as quick as my Avocets. When I glide up behind
you then you'll know all about my AirZound!

youre not catching me

And in summer when i put my specialized fatboys back on you wont even
be able to phone me!

In your dreams! I've got bigger wheels than you!

200m? Alert the media!

Aint the distance, Drs. Its the vertical/loose nature of it! nicknamed
'the goat-track' running from below Chandler bridge up to Kew
Boulevard. Pretty steep for the middle section and if you loose
traction its either put the foot down and face walking up or spin the
wheels and fall over backwards

It can't be that bad if you can do it on those pussy tyres! Maybe I'll put
my Cheng Shins back on to give you a chance.

It's just something I heard one day at one of the bike shops.

Makes sense tho. couldnt find the paper last night

I think it was Leigh at CW, don't quote me though.

I've gone off the idea of Contis anyway, too many stories of
sidewall problems.

Really??? Sidewalls are the one thing i have heard is outstanding
about Contis. well, gatorskins contact series and toptourers

No way, check out the review sites like BikeMagic and RoadBikeReview as well
as the rec.bicycle.* groups. Contis have a bad reputation for sidewall
problems.

--

A: Top-posters.