Evans bike shops- rip off

Old August 26th 07, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

Default Evans bike shops- rip off

£7.99 for a pedal spanner?

Old August 26th 07, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 26/08/2007 10:43, spindrift said,
£7.99 for a pedal spanner?

MBUK had a free one on the front cover this month :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 26th 07, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 26 Aug, 11:51, Paul Boyd wrote:
On 26/08/2007 10:43, spindrift said,

£7.99 for a pedal spanner?

MBUK had a free one on the front cover this month :-)

--
Paul Boydhttp://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH, I flipping knew someone would post something
like that. This is for a Pyrrenean raid, I have to carry this hunk of
metal up my ass* for ten days only using it for ten seconds either
end.

*Pulp Fiction.

Old August 26th 07, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd[_2_]

On 26/08/2007 17:49, Zog The Undeniable said,

Allen key?

Only works for spindles with an Allen key recess :-)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old August 26th 07, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

spindrift wrote:

On 26 Aug, 11:51, Paul Boyd wrote:
On 26/08/2007 10:43, spindrift said,

£7.99 for a pedal spanner?

This is for a Pyrrenean raid, I have to carry this hunk of
metal for ten days only using it for ten seconds either
end.

Could you not place it somewhere you could pick it when you return?
Old August 26th 07, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

"Could you not place it somewhere you could pick it when you return? "

Fly to Biarritz, back from Perpignan. The wrench weighs a kilo, I
guess, so I estimate I will have to eat seven pies four pastries and
drink eleventy beers to rebalance the calorific drag, curses.

Old August 26th 07, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"spindrift" wrote in message
ups.com...

Fly to Biarritz, back from Perpignan. The wrench weighs a kilo, I
guess

boggle

I'd consider getting a cheap spanner of the correct size, but in a
conventional length, grinding it down so it fitted the pedal flats, and just
hoicking hard on it to do the relevant bits.

cheers,
clive

Old August 26th 07, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

spindrift wrote:

"Could you not place it somewhere you could pick it when you return? "

Fly to Biarritz, back from Perpignan. The wrench weighs a kilo, I
guess, so I estimate I will have to eat seven pies four pastries and
drink eleventy beers to rebalance the calorific drag, curses.

Have you considered the possibilities of a MVL [1] or Poste Restante?

URLhttp://laposte-portail.cvf.fr/particulier_envoyez_recevez_du_courrier_offres_con seils_pas_pas_reexpedition_garde_du_courrier_poste _restante_436.html
or http://tinyurl.com/27kpww

[1] Magasin Velo Locale a French LBS.
Old August 26th 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Hall

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:19:17 +0100, "Clive George"
wrote:

"spindrift" wrote in message
oups.com...

Fly to Biarritz, back from Perpignan. The wrench weighs a kilo, I
guess

boggle

I'd consider getting a cheap spanner of the correct size, but in a
conventional length, grinding it down so it fitted the pedal flats, and just
hoicking hard on it to do the relevant bits.

Aye. 15mm cross flats does the trick. Top tip: loosen the pedals
_before_ you go to the airport, then reattach them (and grease them)
with the 15mm spanner.

fx: goes into kitchen

My 15mm spanner weights 100g.

Tim

Bike Shops vs Shops w/Bikes JD Mountain Biking 19 November 9th 06 03:34 AM
Evans cycle shops? Tumbleweed UK 9 August 12th 04 08:28 AM
Bike shops johngrass Australia 2 July 19th 04 09:49 PM
best bike shops in oz??? flyingdutch Australia 7 March 16th 04 09:45 PM
Bike shops in UK Colin Marshall UK 6 January 26th 04 08:54 AM