My first 200k Audax Tomorrow

Old March 13th 04, 10:39 AM
Simonb

Default My first 200k Audax Tomorrow

Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

Simon

Old March 13th 04, 12:06 PM
david kenning

Simonb wrote:
Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

Good luck! Sounds like fun.

d.

Old March 13th 04, 03:45 PM
MartinM

"Simonb" wrote in message ...
Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

Simon

Flattest 200 in the book so i'm told, see you there. ;-)
Old March 13th 04, 08:16 PM
MSeries

Simonb wrote:
Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

Simon

Good luck, I an steadily building up to 200s

Old March 13th 04, 08:25 PM
Simonb

Good luck, I an steadily building up to 200s

Probably a good idea. Most I've done was 130k. I thought you were quite
experienced when it came to long rides, or do I have you confused with
someone else?

Simon

Old March 13th 04, 08:49 PM
MSeries

Simonb wrote:
Good luck, I an steadily building up to 200s

Probably a good idea. Most I've done was 130k. I thought you were
quite experienced when it came to long rides, or do I have you
confused with someone else?

Simon

I am not a mega long range rider, the most I have ever done in one go is
135miles, Morecambe to Scarborough, pretty much non stop. I have done loads
of touring doing 80 -110 miles each day but that was over 10 years ago. I
tend to get stale and bored as the summer progresses and have a break in the
winter so I need to build up again in the spring. This/last year I had a lay
off in September and October then have been steadily doing about 140 miles
per month from November until now. I am not ready for 200Km at the moment,
could probably do 100 off the bat. The weather here in Yorkshire is cool at
the moment and I don't really want to be out for over six hours a day.

Old March 13th 04, 09:02 PM
Keith Willoughby

MSeries wrote:
Good luck, I an steadily building up to 200s

Me too. I aim to do my first by 2030.

We have always been at war with Eastasia
Old March 13th 04, 10:10 PM
Tim Hall

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:39:17 -0000, "Simonb"
wrote:

Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

No, it's four rides of 50k, one after another.

Much easier that way.

Seriously, don't look at the big picture, treat each leg as a separate
event. 50K? Do it on your head. Don't forget, eat before you ghet
hungry, drik before you get thirsty.

Tim
Old March 13th 04, 11:18 PM
MartinM

"Simonb" wrote in message ...
Flattest 200 in the book so i'm told, see you there. ;-)

Really? That's good. I'm doing the Doset Coast in April (and I know that's a
hilly one)

Me too

-- so Steyning is to build up for it.

See you there for a cuppa (blue Specialized thingy).

Yellow Ribble, EGCC top
;-)
Old March 14th 04, 07:26 AM
Simon Mason

"Simonb" wrote in message ...
Through the South Downs from Steyning (strong southerly predicted!).

Hmmm... a very long way.

Simon

Good luck, hope you're not heading south too much, it was a bit of a
grueller this morning at 0600 commuting only 1 mile direct into south
wind.

Simon Mason

TDF route info tomorrow? Mike Jacoubowsky Racing 3 May 29th 04 02:18 PM
Minnesota 200K brevet Tim McNamara Rides 1 May 19th 04 03:24 AM
Dawes Audax or Galaxy?? limpet UK 17 February 16th 04 10:06 PM
Dawes Audax 2002 & Tubus Fly Andrew Chadwick UK 3 August 1st 03 01:59 PM