FFS - it's only August!

Old August 20th 10, 05:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
snogfest

Default FFS - it's only August!

On 2010-08-12, thefathippy wrote:

...yet I was swooped by a magpie today.

I've been getting regularly swooped for a couple of weeks now, on the
way home from work. *That bird doesn't get too close, it just flies
overhead and clacks its beak at me - no big deal.

Oh, a maggie swooped me the last time I rode into Brisbane, in late
June. *It was near the Coronation Drive underpass at Toowong, if anybody
knows it. *I can't explain that one.

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?
Old August 21st 10, 02:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2010-08-20, snogfest wrote:

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?

Yes. It stops all but the most determined ones from coming too close.
I used to do it, but I don't bother any more. Either the magpies are
more relaxed here in Queensland, or I'm more laid back since moving
here!

--
John
Millennium hand and shrimp!
Old August 22nd 10, 11:18 PM posted to aus.bicycle
snogfest

On 2010-08-20, snogfest wrote:

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?

Yes. *It stops all but the most determined ones from coming too close.
I used to do it, but I don't bother any more. *Either the magpies are
more relaxed here in Queensland, or I'm more laid back since moving
here!

we have pest control from the local council go out and shoot them, I
hate the f*ckers.

Old August 24th 10, 02:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On 2010-08-20, snogfest wrote:

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?

Yes. *It stops all but the most determined ones from coming too close..
I used to do it, but I don't bother any more. *Either the magpies are
more relaxed here in Queensland, or I'm more laid back since moving
here!

we have pest control from the local council go out and shoot them, I
hate the f*ckers.

meh - it's not for that long, and the rest of the time they're
wonderful birds with a beautiful song. Most of them aren't actually
dangerous.

Tony F
Old August 24th 10, 11:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
snogfest

On 2010-08-20, snogfest wrote:

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?

Yes. *It stops all but the most determined ones from coming too close.
I used to do it, but I don't bother any more. *Either the magpies are
more relaxed here in Queensland, or I'm more laid back since moving
here!

we have pest control from the local council go out and shoot them, I
hate the f*ckers.

meh - it's not for that long, and the rest of the time they're
wonderful birds with a beautiful song. Most of them aren't actually
dangerous.

Tony F

I tend to be a bit black-and-white about introduced species - you can
have your possums back any time
we have a few rabbits too; and Mustelids, rodents ...
Old August 25th 10, 01:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

I was swooped by a magpie whilst riding my bicycle to work this morning.
Since I was wearing a helmet and sunglasses, was a lot bigger than him,
and I'm not a haemophiliac I didn't think it was a big deal.

Time to harden the fsck up, Australia.

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old August 25th 10, 10:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Moike

BT Humble wrote:

Time to harden the fsck up, Australia.

That's soooooo last May.

Moike
Old August 26th 10, 01:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble[_3_]

Moike wrote:

BT Humble wrote:

Time to harden the fsck up, Australia.

That's soooooo last May.

Nah, last May I was brave enough to use a "u" in the word. :-)

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au
Old September 9th 10, 08:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Fred

On 2010-08-20, snogfest wrote:

When I was visiting Oz (Brisbane) someone told me that's why cyclists
have cable ties through their helmets ?

Yes. It stops all but the most determined ones from coming too close.
I used to do it, but I don't bother any more. Either the magpies are
more relaxed here in Queensland, or I'm more laid back since moving
here!

we have pest control from the local council go out and shoot them, I
hate the f*ckers.

Dn't feel alone. Everybody hates their local council.

100-mile ride 3rd August Pat[_13_] UK 1 July 25th 08 10:51 AM
Just another August day aspenmike Unicycling 30 October 25th 06 10:30 PM
Just another August day aspenmike Unicycling 2 September 1st 06 07:21 AM
8th August 2006 Random Data Australia 7 July 26th 06 08:58 AM
It's August Bill C Racing 12 August 10th 05 06:57 AM