WTB USED Road bike 12 speed - 54cm frame

Old June 7th 05, 09:35 PM
Stephen

Default WTB USED Road bike 12 speed - 54cm frame

Need to find a good used Road Bike - 54 cm, steel/chromally frame.
Let me know what brand you have, how much, condition, cost...

Would like to see pictures of the bike --- Let me know if you have a
bike that matches the criteria above ....

Thanks -- Stephen

Old June 8th 05, 03:48 PM
MStuartev

Not sure where you are located, but if there is a local FORSALE news
group (we have one here in Madison, Wi) post a note there. Also,
Craigslist is all around the country now; post a WANTED note there --
tho I have have less luck/responses off Craigslist.

I recently found a 'project' bike listed (turns out it was right in my
neighborhood) for $10! The old fellow was just riding a different bike
and wanted to unload the wall hanger.
It's a '72 BOttecchia, higher end Bott, 531 frame,with Campy Record
group, chrome lugs, weinman rims, universal centre pull brakes. I got a
freebie 6-speed freewheel, replaced one wheel/hub, repacked bearings,
and and installed a new chain. When my primary road bike went in for
repairs, I took this old gal out for a 58 mile ride... sweet. Slow off
the blocks, but fast once up to speed.

Check local ads, postings on local bike shop bulletin boards,
newsgroups, yard sales, thrift shops. Bikeforums.net has a Classics
forum... if you are not sure about a bike, post it there and they will
give you ideas

Mark