Tire slips off rim *HELP NEEDED*

Old November 29th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

Default Tire slips off rim *HELP NEEDED*

Ok first off I searched. And nothing happened.
So heres the deal. My maxis CC keeps slipping off the rim of my
unicycle. This only just started happening but its happened three times
this week. The inner tube stays inflated but the tire slowly peels off
the rim, I am not doing big trails the last time it happened was on a
unispin. And yes i made sure the tire was put on the rim properly (i
squeezed the tire onto the rim half way through inflating the tube.) So
yeah is there any easy fix to this? I hope i explained it well enough.
Thanks.

--
ezraaspland

Check my 1 year of riding 'vid!'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3sANGtaN08)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
smee56

Well im having kinda the same problem...its when i hop up hills and
rocks...it feels like the tyre is slipping right out but has never come
off because i stop...

--
smee56

Mortzł
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 07:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

smee56 wrote:
Well im having kinda the same problem...its when i hop up hills and
rocks...it feels like the tyre is slipping right out but has never come
off because i stop...

if the tyre stays on the rim
thenit is just folding over
means you need to change your style or put more air in

--
torkerdx

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skianduniaddict wrote:
never give 4 teenagers a camera... they go crazy

johnfoss wrote:
Yes, being old makes you stupid.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 07:17 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ture152up4.jpg
Theres a link to the photo. It just looks like that. (obviously the
tire is deflated in this picture). But yeah it just comes off at a spot
and then because the tube is inflated it pushes the whole tire off the
rim about 20 seconds later. Its really annoying. I am sorry if i didnt
explain it well enought.

Old November 29th 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
saskatchewanian

the easiest fix that I can think of is glue it on. I think there are
glues made especially for this but I don't know what they are.

--
saskatchewanian

john_childs wrote:
The difference between 1.5 meters and 6 feet is just to do with the
exchange rate. 1.5 Canadian meters are now worth 6 US feet.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 07:27 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

Thats a good idea minus the fact that if a get a punchered tube what
happens then? I was thinking of gluing it but i don't know. So this has
never happened to anyone?

Old November 29th 07, 07:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unicorn

I noticed that you don't have th KH47mm rim. With wider rims the tire
stays on better when doing sidehops and unispins. There is less
foldover which can remove the bead from the rim. Put more pressure
intothe tire - Inflate it more. Don't glue it on. Check to see if the
rim is bent anywhere and that it does not have any grease or oil
spilled on it.

Unicorn

--
Unicorn

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the pedals, and you will
accomplish great feats!

'The Unicycling Commune' (http://tinyurl.com/3xkd8d)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

Yeah im dead set sick of tire and rim problems so i might just buy the
KH47mm rim. And through out whatever opne is on there. I have been
doing 5 foot drops with low tire pressure (which is stupid) so this
muight have damaged the rim. Any other suggestions?

Old November 29th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_mattster

Yea this happened to me with my old CC. I've got a GP uni with really
little tyre clearance on the frame so first I noticed the tyre rubbing
on the side of the frame a little bit, then eventually it got so bad it
did exactly what yours has done. It's due (or was in my case at least)
to the bead of the tyre (the ridge that goes into the rim and keeps the
tyre's shape) being a bit bent. I'm not too sure how or why this
happened, but if you take the tyre off you can bend the bead slightly,
but I found this only helped for a short while. I just bought a new
tyre to solve the problem because my tyre was almost bald and I needed
a new tube anyway. So I'm not sure how fixable this is in the long
term.

Hope this is any help

EDIT: I just realised you have the GP frame too. I just saw the moment
hub and assumed it was a KH. Do you notice the tyre rubbing on the
frame at all?

--
uni_mattster

You can never honestly answer "no" when questioned on the todayness of
Opposites Day
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 29th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ezraaspland

Haha.
Funny you should mention that. About a week ago i filed the arch way
bit down a heap because it kept rubbing whenever the wheel alignment
got even a milimeter out. I am unsure should i buy a new KH Rim? Then I
will only need the frame to have a 07 KH uni. Haha OR buy a new CC?? Or
is there some quick and easy fix to this problem? I need it fixed in a
wekk cause of the brisbane ride!