"hit him back first"

Old June 11th 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Default "hit him back first"

Sam the Bam wrote:
On Jun 10, Bill wrote:
There are a few on the bicycle group that make it a priority to
rag on me, since they don't believe some of the life experiences I have
posted

Such as?

Sam

Drag racing a CHP (at his request) and blowing his doors off at 160 MPH.

Running away from another CHP on a motorcycle that came close to 200
MPH. 160 MPH speedometer pegged and tach still climbing.

Crashing a car at 85 MPH and dieing on the operating table then getting
paddled back to life, twice.

Crashing a motorcycle on July 4, 1976 at 85 MPH and not breaking a bone
but getting major road rash. My biker friends and I were going to make a
run to Hollister and try to recreate the 50's incident. Silly, I know,
but that's what a case of beer will do to a bunch of nut jobs, myself
included.

Taking the previous motorcycle to see my mother and cruising the whole
way at 130+ MPH, then getting airborne at that speed on highway 395
where it has roller coaster hills. I hit a steep hill at that speed and
was in the air for probably 200-300 feet. I did stop and kiss the ground
after that one.

Falling out of a tree from 30 (?) feet, hitting my head on a log, and
walking away from it.

Much more than those that say I should not be alive, yet here I am.

I don't know if God hates me or is just messing with me.

Bill
Old June 11th 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Pierre Honeyman

On Jun 10, 8:40 am, Badger North wrote:
On Jun 10, 11:29 am, Bill wrote:

My response was to flat palm him in the forehead and knock him all the
way across the street without killing him with a harder palm to the nose
and up into his brain.

Yes!! Ladies and gentlemen, I believe we have a contender for a
successful troll!

Please, sir, do go on!

I was discussing this with a friend and she mentioned "nose in the
brain", so I called bull****, and she said, "No, not like that, I
broke his skull."

Pierre
Old June 11th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Fraser Johnston[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in message

That happened to me in 2001, but it was a drunk 22 year old.
I was 52 at the time and he got out and pushed me off the bike.
My response was to flat palm him in the forehead and knock him all the way
across the street without killing him with a harder palm to the nose and up
into his brain.

*applause*

The idiot got up and came back for more, so I just danced with him and
deflected his shots until the police arrived.
Three different moms sitting on their porches all called 911 and almost all
the town cops showed up. I took all kinds of martial arts back in the 60's
and 70's but all that came to mind at the time was 'kill shots'
either open hand to the heart or nose, elbow to the throat or elsewhere,
and I did not feel like going to jail to explain.

*standing ovation*

Looks like RMA is back to the heady days of the late 90s. And I for one
welcome our TMA overlords. If they need anyone to give them a hand setting up
shop in their McDojos I'd be proud to answer the call.

Fraser

Old June 11th 08, 05:32 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Fraser Johnston[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in message
Sam the Bam wrote:
On Jun 10, Bill wrote:
There are a few on the bicycle group that make it a priority to
rag on me, since they don't believe some of the life experiences I have
posted

Such as?

Sam

Drag racing a CHP (at his request) and blowing his doors off at 160 MPH.

Running away from another CHP on a motorcycle that came close to 200 MPH. 160
MPH speedometer pegged and tach still climbing.

Before I mercilessly laugh at you tell me what 200mph vehicle you were in? I
can think of about 10 cars that can do that and about 3 bikes.

Fraser

Old June 11th 08, 09:59 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
YumYumPandaburger

On 10 jun, 17:29, Bill wrote:
YumYumPandaburger wrote:
On 3 jun, 03:53, Sam the Bam wrote:
My question is, are you prepared for this sort
of thing, do you have your kata down?
Do you wait for the enemy to make the first
aggressive move? *Where is the point of no return?

Sam

Life seems pretty exciting in 3rd grade.

That happened to me in 2001, but it was a drunk 22 year old.
I was 52 at the time and he got out and pushed me off the bike.
My response was to flat palm him in the forehead and knock him all the
way across the street without killing him with a harder palm to the nose
and up into his brain. The idiot got up and came back for more, so I
just danced with him and deflected his shots until the police arrived.
Three different moms sitting on their porches all called 911 and almost
all the town cops showed up. I took all kinds of martial arts back in
the 60's and 70's but all that came to mind at the time was 'kill shots'
either open hand to the heart or nose, elbow to the throat or elsewhere,
and I did not feel like going to jail to explain. I thought of just
kicking his knee and just sending him to the hospital, but the police
got there first, thankfully. The 3 moms who saw all this were yelling to
press charges, but I had to get back to work since I was riding on lunch
time. Looking back maybe that first shot should have been to he nose or
throat to eliminate one white trash from the planet.
I actively avoid fighting unless it becomes a necessary self defense.
Bill Baka

Thank god you went light on that guy and avoided f*cking up his chi in
a major way!
Old June 11th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Fraser Johnston wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message
Sam the Bam wrote:
On Jun 10, Bill wrote:
There are a few on the bicycle group that make it a priority to
rag on me, since they don't believe some of the life experiences I have
posted
Such as?

Sam

Drag racing a CHP (at his request) and blowing his doors off at 160 MPH.

Running away from another CHP on a motorcycle that came close to 200 MPH. 160
MPH speedometer pegged and tach still climbing.

Before I mercilessly laugh at you tell me what 200mph vehicle you were in? I
can think of about 10 cars that can do that and about 3 bikes.

Fraser

Can you think back about 35 years. I had the Kawasaki 750cc, 3 cylinder,
2 stroke that would do 160 stock. I added bigger carbs, super flow air
filters, and Denco headers in addition to a one tooth larger front
sprocket for higher top speed and a little more gas mileage.
Stock, the engine would wimp out at about 7,500 RPM.
After I made the changes it came to life at 7,500 RPM and was still
pulling super hard at 12,000. It could have gone more but I didn't want
anything blowing up between my legs. With the CHP chasing me 170 MPH (on
the peg) was about 7,500 RPM, but the tach kept on climbing to about
9,500-10,000 RPM. My nose was on the handlebars since I could not even
attempt to sit up at that speed. This bike broke the rear wheel loose at
135 MPH on a turn once so it had well over 100 HP. People used to drag
race them and get low 9 seconds and 135-140 MPH in the quarter mile.
The near 200 was a best guess based on the tach since the speedo was
pegged so hard even a bump would not unseat it. I did 10 miles in about
3.5 minutes, but that includes accelerating and braking so I don't have
a hard number. The bikes did have a bad reputation among racers who said
they were greased lightning but the center cylinder was prone to
overheating.
Bill Baka
Old June 11th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Badger North

On Jun 10, 3:32 pm, Bill wrote:

A paradigm is a shift in priorities, over used by managers, who want to
use a big word, so why the 1992?

They misuse it to mean priorities. Paradigm in a social sense refers
more to common assumptions, standards and worldview.

1993 was the year UFC 1 was broadcast, and marked for many a
revolutionary change against the claimed superiority of traditional
martial arts.

An earlier such change could be marked from 1970 when kickboxer Joe
Lewis knocked out karateka Greg Baines in the second round of their
fight, but it didn't have as big a ripple, and kickboxing in general
didn't have much staying power in the public eye at the time.

Badger North
www.youngforest.ca

Old June 11th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Badger North wrote:
1993 was the year UFC 1 was broadcast, and marked for many a
revolutionary change against the claimed superiority of traditional
martial arts.

An earlier such change could be marked from 1970 when kickboxer Joe
Lewis knocked out karateka Greg Baines in the second round of their
fight, but it didn't have as big a ripple, and kickboxing in general
didn't have much staying power in the public eye at the time.

Badger North
www.youngforest.ca

I guess that means don't **** off my 29 year old daughter who is taller
than me, size 13 feet, and a kick boxer. She started out doing it as
aerobics then got hooked. My 'little' girl is no longer little.
Sigh, parenthood.
Thanks for the input.
Bill Baka
Old June 11th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Pboud

Fraser Johnston wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

[...]

Hey.. if it'll get you up here, I can set one up... Beer-fridge
mandatory, training optional.. :P
Old June 11th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.martial-arts,rec.bicycles.misc
Badger North

On Jun 11, 10:14 am, Bill wrote:

I guess that means don't **** off my 29 year old daughter who is taller
than me, size 13 feet, and a kick boxer. She started out doing it as
aerobics then got hooked. My 'little' girl is no longer little.
Sigh, parenthood.

Yeah, they grow up, I'm told.

My 10-y-o and I were rough-housing the other day, and I got him in a
standing hold - both arms trapped, head trapped. I said "whaddya
going to do now, smart guy?" So, he kneed me in the balls - a perfect
shot.

Makes a father proud.

Badger North
www.youngforest.ca