Small Boys Racer

Old September 16th 03, 11:19 PM
P. Lynn Miller

Default Small Boys Racer

Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.

I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
framebuilders.

Thank you

Old September 17th 03, 01:21 AM
hippy

"P. Lynn Miller" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20"

or 24"
wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small

bikes
I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road

bike.

I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
framebuilders.

http://www.hillbrick.com.au/midgetracing.html

These guys do lots of track bikes but will probably do
whatever you want.

hth
hippy

Old September 18th 03, 11:03 AM
Arpit

You sure he isnt gonna be disappointed when he cant ride down stairs
and do big skids like his friends? guess not, when hes going twice
their speed

Old September 18th 03, 11:42 AM
Southern Flyer

wrote:

Does anyone know where I could find a small boys racer, built on 20" or 24"
wheels? I am looking for one for my 7 year old son, and the only small bikes
I can find are BMX or butchered MTB's, nothing in the line of a road bike.

I am thinking of having one built, thus the previous enquiry about
framebuilders.

Thank you

is that what he wants, or is that what you want? fwiw my now 14 year old rarely picks/ed
what i wanted or expected him to pick or like. his first real bike, well i wanted him to get a
beaut miniature tourer and he wanted this nasty looking thing with cartoon characters all
over it, which vaguely resembled a misguided bmx. being a wimp i got it for him. he
was happy until he outgrew it. next bike he picked was a 6 speed bmx. he outgrew that.
now at 14 he has a 24 sp atb. I am seriously liking his more than my trusty old lightweight
tourer!

Old September 19th 03, 07:37 AM
cfsmtb

--

I've got a pygmy road bike, he prefers to be known as Black Francis.
Wheel set - 24" rims,+ 1 & three eighths etc, 150mm cranks, 45/40 double

Cool if you're short of height & leg. Wanna put a 53 tooth on it, but
three arm spiders seem to be rare these days. sigh.

Don't know the age or brand of frame, maybe 70's vintage from Europe.
Turns a few heads & I'm extremely fond of Francis.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

it's all a creeping beige conspiracy

Old September 20th 03, 10:23 AM
cfsmtb

cfsmtb wrote:
& a Benneton designed saddle

aarrr! my hearties, it bein' International Talk Like A Pirate Day
yeestadaay, the spell check stuffed badly. Should be "Bentone". It's not
a knitted saddle.

--
it's all a creeping beige conspiracy