Raise or fold?

Old May 4th 05, 08:18 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Raise or fold?

I have received capital purchase approval from The Management for a
folder. Hurrah!

The choices a

Brompton T6
Giant Halfway
Birdy Red
Brompton T6
Birdy Blue
Bike Friday New World Tourist
Brompton T6
Dahon Impulse P21
Brompton T6

Not that I'm leaning towards any particular one yet...

Time to visit those nice people at Bath.

Guy
--
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken
Old May 4th 05, 08:23 PM
Not Responding

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
I have received capital purchase approval from The Management for a
folder. Hurrah!

The choices a

Brompton T6
Giant Halfway
Birdy Red
Brompton T6
Birdy Blue
Bike Friday New World Tourist
Brompton T6
Dahon Impulse P21
Brompton T6

Have you considered a Brompton T6?
Old May 4th 05, 08:31 PM
JohnB

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

I have received capital purchase approval from The Management for a
folder. Hurrah!

The choices a

Brompton T6
Giant Halfway
Birdy Red
Brompton T6
Birdy Blue
Bike Friday New World Tourist
Brompton T6
Dahon Impulse P21
Brompton T6

Not that I'm leaning towards any particular one yet...

Went out today down to Queen Elizabeth Country Park (to do a risk
assessment on a cycle route amongst other bikie type things) and took
the Brommie.
Met up with another rider with his Bike Friday Pocket Llama.
It is clear you cannot do with just one folder - you really do need at
least two.

John B
Brommie and BF Pocket Pocket (No.6666)
Old May 4th 05, 08:49 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:31:38 +0100, JohnB wrote in
message :

It is clear you cannot do with just one folder - you really do need at
least two.

Heh! I bet. One recumbent is not enough, after all. And I'm
guessing that we'll be wanting additional tandems before long...

Guy

Old May 4th 05, 09:29 PM
Al C-F

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:18:31 +0100, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I have received capital purchase approval from The Management for a
folder. Hurrah!

The choices a

Brompton T6
Giant Halfway
Birdy Red
Brompton T6
Birdy Blue
Bike Friday New World Tourist
Brompton T6
Dahon Impulse P21
Brompton T6

Why the T6 rather than the L6? Although I have no experience of
either, it seems as though the general opinion is that the rack on the
T6 is of limited value, and that the L6 represents better value.

Not so?

Old May 4th 05, 09:39 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 04 May 2005 21:29:14 +0100, Al C-F
m wrote in message
:

Why the T6 rather than the L6? Although I have no experience of
either, it seems as though the general opinion is that the rack on the
T6 is of limited value, and that the L6 represents better value.

The rack stops the back mudguard getting trashed, and adds some
limited load carrying ability. The T also has lights. The difference
in price is £90 less the 5% discount, and that seemed a fair price to
me for a bottle dynamo, two lamps and a rack. Maybe not. Dunno.

Guy

Old May 4th 05, 10:14 PM
JohnB

m wrote in message
:

Why the T6 rather than the L6? Although I have no experience of
either, it seems as though the general opinion is that the rack on the
T6 is of limited value, and that the L6 represents better value.

The rack stops the back mudguard getting trashed,

Ive had my L3 Brommie four years and it gets a fair bit of heavy use and
I've never had any problem with the rear mudguard. It would be very
difficult to 'trash' it.

and adds some
limited load carrying ability.

On very rare occasions I've wished I've had a rear rack when taking a
letter to the PO or similar, but it does add a fair bit of weight to
what is already quite a heavy package to carry.
Of course you could always go for a titanium model.
Whatever you choose, I would *strongly* advise you go for the front
pannier option - pricy but excellent luggage carrying.

A dead cert is you will regret not buying one earlier ;-)

John B
Old May 4th 05, 10:26 PM
Mark Thompson

The rack stops the back mudguard getting trashed, and adds some
limited load carrying ability. The T also has lights. The difference
in price is £90 less the 5% discount, and that seemed a fair price to
me for a bottle dynamo, two lamps and a rack. Maybe not. Dunno.

As you needed permission to buy it then half the money must be the wife's,
so you're really spending only £45 more plus the 5% discount...

Now _that's_ value.
Old May 4th 05, 11:05 PM
Mike Causer

On Wed, 04 May 2005 20:18:31 +0100, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

May I draw Sir's attention to the Airnimal Joey?
http://www.airnimal.com/Joey.php

Or, if "comes apart with some spanner work" is acceptable instead of
"folds", the Moulton range has a lot of choice too.

Mike
Old May 5th 05, 12:05 AM
Tony Raven

JohnB wrote:

It is clear you cannot do with just one folder - you really do need at
least two.

John B
Brommie and BF Pocket Pocket (No.6666)

Absolutely
--
Tony
Brommie and BF Pocket Pocket too

"A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought" Lord
Peter Wimsey (Dorothy L. Sayers)

How Best to Raise Handlebars ? Magnusfarce General 10 March 31st 05 07:00 PM
How Best to Raise Handlebars ? Magnusfarce Techniques 11 March 28th 05 11:46 PM
wanted fold away bike pete Marketplace 2 March 3rd 04 11:47 PM
Velodrome trust to raise £6m Colin Blackburn UK 3 November 26th 03 07:16 PM
Fold up bicycles Mikita Corvana Australia 8 October 21st 03 10:31 AM