Delineating areas of expertise: who's the king of the spillproof mug?

Old June 13th 14, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Default Delineating areas of expertise: who's the king of the spillproofmug?

On 6/13/2014 11:33 AM, Dan O wrote:
On Friday, June 13, 2014 7:10:18 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
On 6/12/2014 10:47 PM, Radey wrote:
Duane writes:
On 6/12/2014 4:21 PM, Duane wrote:
On 6/12/2014 3:35 PM, Radey wrote:
Dan O writes:
On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 5:59:55 PM UTC-7, Dan O wrote:
On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:14:05 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:

Tr�s appropri�!

"Tr�s appropri�!" (?)

"message string was originally encoded as ISO 8859-1, then
decoded as UTF-8 (unrecoverably b0rking it in the process)"

In TeX notation:

tr\`es appropri\'e!

très approprié doesn't work? Well I guess I'll see in a minute...

Looks fine on this end.

Dan's probably right so I assume that some google tool was used to
bork the ISO Latin 1 to UTF8.

They all looked ok to me, until Dan quoted them.

I was using Google Groups.

Didn't see the original...

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/rec.bicycles.tech/M46RQFpAu-8/lOLFQpcyIE8J

... but the resulting mangled example looks like a
bad convert to UTF8.

The point kind of is that Frank's experience does not
necessarily apply to others. He might "control" the
lane and (to some degree) the other people trying to
use it at that particular time and place; but he does
not control the rendering of his messages after they
leave his "Eternal September Newsreader", but he assumes
(insists!) that any experience different from his own
must be faulty.

I could not care less what news reader Frank uses or what he thinks
about what is the proper thing to do on usenet. I was just commenting
on your post that the string was broken and probably due to bad
conversion to UTF8.

FWIW, I'm also using Eternal September so it's not "his" newsreader
that's the problem. When I just posted the strings they were fine. But
I'm using Thunderbird for a news reader, not google groups.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!original/rec.bicycles.tech/3wPExRnf3L8/S9Ixjn2C124J

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/rec.bicycles.tech/utf-8/rec.bicycles.tech/dJ9qSOuu-fM/Eh6IaPQ4iCAJ

Old June 13th 14, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Meant to say not his news server.

Old June 13th 14, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 6/11/2014 6:41 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:39:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Frank's telepathic on the net inprint. This is why YOU THE ROAD RUNNER have an adverse reaction to Frank's POSITION.

ACME TNT

Assume Frank will fire you the week before Christmas.

... but invite me to the church soup kitchen for needed
rehabilitation.

Pleased to note SMS filters out unwanted thoughts and positions, so typical of his geo area.

Always glad to be of service bug testing.

I didn't use to filter out avag..., koll..., data... or whatever
identity he's switched to this month, but I kept getting pop-ups "Do you
want to translate this?" when I saw his posts on a web-based newsreader.
If I clicked "yes" it would say that it could not detect the language
and ask me to manually select it, but of course there was no appropriate
choice.

Old June 13th 14, 06:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

I've answered this in the separate thread "Using the bike for mandated heart exercise" at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ch/9Myd_f_a7Bs

On Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:53:16 PM UTC+1, wrote:
Jutee...

what's the story on your health visavee riding the bike ?

how do you quantify the max limits for exercise ?

just feel tired and stop ? how get back to start ?

http://goo.gl/QPsoQE

Old June 14th 14, 06:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

oh they do that BECAUSE they have an identity crisis. They believe they're Fritz Lenin.

Yahoo..long time...was hacked so to continue business as per a new address was evident so I went to the Enema.

The switch developed some confusion amungst Kollians...cool no ? We reassemble from chaos.

But no fear...NSA controls.

Ura being passively aggressive without caws (PAWC)

We appreciate Jute's rundown on health.

How far can you (AJ) go now ? what's the limitation from before ?

I expect a performance improvement is possible.

a perk fersure.